Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reformatting question

• Please log in to reply

Golfrocket

Golfrocket

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Do I need the disc that came with my computer in order to get the computer back to the way it was the day I bought it? If I don't how would I do this?

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
what is the make and model of your pc?
:tazz:

Golfrocket

Golfrocket

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Dell Inspiron 5100

RockRunner85

RockRunner85

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
You will need the restore disk that came with the computer. If you do not have this disk you should be able to call dell and have a replacement disk sent to you. Otherwise you could go out and buy Windows XP. However if you go that route you will have a clean install of Windows with no other applications.

Golfrocket

Golfrocket

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Ya I lost my original and I wasn't sure if Dell could send me a copy or not, I will probably end up contacting them. If I get a Windows XP disc will that remove problems such as viruses or trojan horses?

Golfrocket

Golfrocket

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Problem solved, thanks for everyones help.