Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd drive and capture mode not working

• Please log in to reply

dinomite

dinomite

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi

I'm having problems capturing dv from camera when using pinnacle stuidos. I have also tried nero capture mode and adobe premier capture mode. They all say i am connected, but unlike before, when pressing "capture", the playback screen on the PC isn't showing anything. Since it doesn't do this, in the end when i stop capturing, it says nothing has been recorded.

I seem to have no virus or spyware, i jsut checked with Norton Antivirus, Ad-Aware and Microsof AntiSpyware.

Also, when i try to burn out my creation in Pinnacle Studios, when i insert an empty dvd to DVD-RW drive, it reads as a CD-disc. This has never happened before.

Can someone help me on these two problems?

I really need this because the deadline for the movie is tomorrow...

I thank you in advance

Advertisements

SlackerX

SlackerX

• Pip
  • 5 posts
The only thing I can guess is that maybe the firmware for the drive is bad. Not sure why it would detect a DVD as a CD, on that end maybe trying another brand? From your post it seems that you have sucessfully used this drive before, and since I don't know how old it is, it may be possible that the drive has gone bad, but that doesn't sound normal to me either. As far as capture, it is a property of your twain drivers usually. Make sure that your device when connected shows up in your control panner under cameras and scanners.

I don't have much experience with these devices, but I would at a minimum start by checking the DVD mfg website to see if there is firmware update for it that you may need to install.