Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

keyboard keys operate in the wrong sequence

• Please log in to reply

stormylane

stormylane

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
:tazz: Hi all,
I need some help. Well my sister actually. Her keyboard keys do not opperate in the proper sequence... they are all messed up.
She can't come and type her questions... because her keys are well, all messed up. But she will be able to read your advice & follow your instructions.

She did get this message to me.

"keys rong

',.pyfgcrl/=aoeuidhtns-;qjkxbmwvz"

As you can see they are really messed up.
She has run her spyware & virus scans.
Any advice? She uses windows 2000

Thanks in advance

Edited by stormylane, 03 January 2006 - 01:55 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
start > settings > control pannel> regional and language settings

tell her to go through all the settings and make sure they're set to english ( i feel that somehow her region got changed)

stormylane

stormylane

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Wow... thank you so much, that fixed her right up!!

I love this website! Ya'll rock!!
THANK YOU!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
your welcome...glad we could help....

since we don't know why the region got changed..i would suggest taking a trip through the malware forum just for good measure...

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.