Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp user help

• Please log in to reply

thoughtparalysis

thoughtparalysis

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have windows XP home edition and I was wondering if it was possible to create an accout with some admin. privalages but not allof them. I know on xp professional you can make a user a power user or something. but is there an equivalent of this on xp home edition?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
No, with XP home, people are pretty much all admins.

Now, depending on what you want to block out, there are registry settings that you may be able to alter on a pure user basis, but you would have to define what it is you are interested in locking down before we could make a suggestion

thoughtparalysis

thoughtparalysis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
oh okay well that's okay...i mean i basically wanted to give the other users access to download anything, but not be able to change the settings on the control pannel