Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slideshow length - driving me mad

• Please log in to reply

Nomadski

Nomadski

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey there, im being driven nuts here. Ive taught myself to a basic level on Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5, enough to put together my wedding video.

As an extra on the dvd im doing a slideshow to music. I have the photos (50 of them) but the timeline on the music runs 6 seconds less than the "video" (stil image) timeline.

Unless im missed something completely obvious, i cant work out how to shrink the overall length of the 50 clips (all stills) to match the length of the audio, while also keeping each clip the same length as the rest.

This seems such a basic tool, but i cant see how anywhere. Have googled, looked thru the manual and your tutorials.

Pleeeez help! :tazz:

Edited by Nomadski, 03 January 2006 - 04:12 PM.

Advertisements

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
Hi,

Can you delete a few photos so that it matches up?

Do they all have to be the same length? you could cut a few shorter?

if not try this (might be a bit dodgy in terms of lowering the quality slightly):

1. export the 50 photos time line as an avi.
2. reimport that avi into premiere.
3. add that avi to the timeline.
3. right click it that avi on the time line.
4. click "speed/duration"
5. change it to like 94?
6. see if that lines up and keep adjusting to 93,92,91,90 etc until it lines up to the music.

Good luck, let me know how you go!

Edited by st22, 03 January 2006 - 09:56 PM.

Nomadski

Nomadski

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I sorted it - copied clips into a new sequence. It then became one large clip, i could then use the x shortcut to shorten the length of the video to match the audio.