Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

monitor is blank

• Please log in to reply

iam2trickey

iam2trickey

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello

happy new year to all

my issuse is my monitor went blank after i restarted my pc the monitor was working fine before i restarted. i have a compaq presario with a hp 1502 lcd flat panel monitor the pc boots fine but the monitor stays blank i have checked all the cables they are tight no bent prongs i also hooked up a different monitor and it works fine i also unpluuged the monitor from the pc and unpluged it from the power source waited a few minutes and reconetted to no help. the power button lights up but not as bright as i did when it worked fine. i also tried pushing the power button but no help it does nothing the light stays dim. i bought the pc and monitor as a bundle back on 1/25/04 thank you for any help or ideas

rick

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
hopefully it's still under warranty...it sounds like the monitor has gone bad (since you said another monitor works fine on the machine) have you tried the offending monitor on a different machine?

iam2trickey

iam2trickey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
no i have not i will try that and get back i got the extended warranty on the pc and recived a new monitor but i was hopping this one might be repairaable the servive people did not try to see if the monitor was fine or bad when they heard i hooked up a second monitor they said they will ship a new one and dont even want the broken one back .

rick

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
interesting...they usually ask for those back...kind of to prove that it was really broken..and you aren't just trying to get 12 monitors for the price of none...hehe...try hooking the broken one up to another machine and see....but..i'm pretty sure it's toasted...at least by the description