Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Moz 1.7.12 is default, but forced into IE at times

• Please log in to reply

cmling

cmling

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Greetings!

I am new here, was directed to you folks by netscape.mozilla.user.general.

Things like this happen all the time, this is just the most recent example.
I use Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 14. If I open the program and click on "Technical Support", I am directed to the Support Portal with an IE page. I do not like this. (I won't go into all the problems I generally have with Trend Micro, but do want to mention that I am having them!).

I have even installed "SetBrowser", but to no avail.

Can anything be done? It is not critical, but annoying.

Thank you very much in advance!

Charley

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Some programs will insist on opening links to web pages with Internet Explorer and nothing you can do will convince them otherwise. Trend is one of these, Panda is another.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
yup. its likely because these programs are written with highest compatibility in mind. most pages are guaranteed to work right in IE and everyone is guaranteed to have IE since its built into windows so much that uninstalling it could cause the gui to malfunction.

cmling

cmling

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you!
I am not surprised, albeit not pleased, needless to say.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
try start>programs>set program acsess and defaults-- make sure everything is set the way you like it in there, everything that i stated above is true, but many programmers will be lazy and not set a browser specfic page, so this should allow you to use firefox for the majorty of things.

cmling

cmling

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you, not a bad idea. But Neil Jones is right.
(May I suggest that you check your signature? A couple of typos there. Not important, but I thought I'd let you know.)

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
hi cmling, yeh i am known for my bed spelling. but i will chekc it over, thanks for the concern though