Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multi-threading freeze

• Please log in to reply

JCM-Utah

JCM-Utah

• Pip
  • 5 posts
HELP!
I have a Gateway machine with a 3.06 GHz Northwood processor.
The graphics card is ATI Radeon 9700.
My problem is that with multi-threading enabled my machine will freeze. That is, I have no input from either the mouse or the keyboard. It appears that the machine continues to run. I am pretty much out of ideas. This started about 6 months ago.
I have no definitive observations that pin down what causes the problem although they seem always to be graphics intensive. For example, my machine frooze when I pushed the Register button for this forum.
It will crash in ENCARTA, applications like the crossword puzzle on the USA today site will frequently cause a crash.
On rare occasions I have heard a pretty intense tone indicating to me an endless "status loop."
The machine seems stable with multi-threading disabled.
Yeah, I know, forget multi-threading! I guess I am too much of a purist to do that.
I do not expect any magic bullet here but I am quite frankly out of ideas.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Am I the only one out here with this problem?
Thanks

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Multitasking causes PC Freeze
4th Jan 2006

My problem is that with multi-threading enabled my machine will freeze. That is, I have no input from either the mouse or the keyboard. It appears that the machine continues to run.

1-Do you have to [Re-start] PC to get [Keyboard] & [Mouse] to recover –or wait for CPU to [Free Up]
2-Is problem getting progressively worse –
3-How old is PC -

Problem is generally due to:
1- High CPU Temperature
2- Video Conflict

Lets look at CPU Temp 1st -

[Check CPU Temperatures] – Download Free Home Edition of [Everest] – http://www.filehippo...d_everest_home/

1-Install
2-Run
3-Expand [CPU] Folder
4-Open [Sensor] Folder

Next – 1- Right Click on [Task Bar] –
2- Open [Task Manager]
3- Minimize [Task Manager]

Monitor [Senor] Folder & [Task Manager] – [Performance] while you put PC thru your [Graphic Intensive] Operations – Report back your findings -

Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 04 January 2006 - 05:23 AM.

JCM-Utah

JCM-Utah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The tests suggested by "Jack123" of this forum have been performed as outlined.
Heating does not seem to be the problem. Using "Everest Home Edition" (WOW - where has that program been all my life) and flogging the CPU as hard as I could (Hot CPU Tester Pro 4 (Lite version) I could only raise the CPU temperature to about 52 degrees C. That would seem to be well within the suggested temperature range of this CPU. In fact, the machine in question, a 3.06 GHz Pentium 4, seems to run cooler than a 3.2 GHz machine I have.
I was able to note in the testing that when the machine locked up the CPU activity went up to about 50-60 % and remainded.
When it locks the only way to get control back is to cycle the power.
This has become a quest. Suggestions, any and all, are welcome!

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Multitasking causes PC Freeze –[#2]
4th Jan 2006

Ok – Use the all of the [Analysis Features] of – [EVEREST] – Check out the – [Notes] – [Suggestions] -

1-Check Power Supplies in [Sensors] Folder
2-[Overclocking] Folder. . . .If using – [Overclocking] – Try [Retarding/Reducing] – to increase – [Stability]
3-[Motherboard] Folders . . . .[Memory] . . . . .
4-[Devices] Folders. . . .[Device Resources] . . . Look for conflicts . . .
5-[Display] Folders - . . . [Desktop] . . . [GPU] . . .Look at [Problems] . . . [Driver] suggestions

This [Program/Utility] is good . . . but [Free Version] is limited . . .

This started about 6 months ago.

Try to recall
1-Updates
2-Upgrades-[Software] – [Hardware] – [Memory] – [Video] – [Firewall] – [Antivirus] -
3-Other Issues

Try clearing out [Internet Folders] – using [Internet Options] –

Should have offered this – [Advice] – 1st . . . .Lets have PC checked out by the [Malware] Techs – and then – we can – [Address] this Issue – Later – Knowing that you have a [Clean PC] –

I will ask for – [Malware Assistance] – now – Then someone will take charge of this [Thread] & give [Detailed Instructions] –

Jack123

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Hi JC. Jack asked me to look at your machine briefly to clear out any malware if it is there. Please keep everything in this thread. :)

Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

After you follow those instructions, I will need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results. :tazz:

JCM-Utah

JCM-Utah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
All MALWARE routines complete. Nothing of consequence found.
Following is HIJACKTHIS log.
You guys are fantastic. I don't know what will come of this but your efforts are VERY MUCH appreciated.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:40:39 PM, on 1/6/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lanovation\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\GWMDMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Downloads\Hijack\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.stolaf.edu/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.stolaf.edu/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Ipswitch.WsftpBrowserHelper - {601ED020-FB6C-11D3-87D8-0050DA59922B} - C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\WS_FTP Home\wsbho2k0.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PRONoMgr.exe] C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Jet Detection] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMMSG] GWMDMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMpi] C:\WINDOWS\GWMDMpi.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [type32] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.2\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Norton SystemWorks] "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\cfgwiz.exe" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A} /MODE CfgWiz
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open Picture in &Microsoft PhotoDraw - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office\1033\phdintl.dll/phdContext.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Researcher - {9455301C-CF6B-11D3-A266-00C04F689C50} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Researcher\EROPROJ.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .UVR: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPUPano.dll
O16 - DPF: {01010E00-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft SmartIssue) - http://www.symantec....trl/tgctlsi.cab
O16 - DPF: {01012101-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft Script Runner Class) - http://www.symantec....trl/tgctlsr.cab
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://support.gatew...r/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - https://www-secure.s...rl/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {38F5F92F-BD40-40DF-A569-6C1FCB638190} (InSPECS3_0 Control) - http://www.powerleap.../InSPECS3_0.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupd...b?1109874050961
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1128360413421
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.s...rl/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {E8F628B5-259A-4734-97EE-BA914D7BE941} (Driver Agent ActiveX Control) - http://driveragent.c...driveragent.cab
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: PrismXL - Lanovation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lanovation\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I don't see anything in your log. You can run a silent runner's log to see if anything hidden is running.

Please RIGHT-CLICK HERE and Save As (in IE it's "Save Target As", in FF it's "Save Link As") to download Silent Runners.
  • Save it to the desktop.
  • Run Silent Runner's by doubleclicking the "Silent Runners" icon on your desktop.
  • You will receive a prompt:
    • Do you want to skip supplementary searches?
      click NO
  • If you receive an error just click OK and double-click it to run it again - sometimes it won't run as it's supposed to the first time but will in subsequent runs.
  • You will see a text file appear on the desktop - it's not done, let it run (it won't appear to be doing anything!)
  • Once you receive the prompt All Done!, open the text file on the desktop, copy that entire log, and paste it here.
*NOTE* If you receive any warning message about scripts, please choose to allow the script to run.

JCM-Utah

JCM-Utah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Please find below the results of "Silent Runner" as requested.
My Norton routine got VERY upset but I managed to back it down.
Again, thank you all for all you have done! As I said before, I don't know if we are going to solve this thing but I am humbled, awed and thankful for the help.
BTW, the machine is now on its best behavior!? I has not frozen for something like an hour and I have been on the interned and generally being active.

"Silent Runners.vbs", revision 41, http://www.silentrunners.org/
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Output limited to non-default values, except where indicated by "{++}"

Startup items buried in registry:
---------------------------------

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"Norton SystemWorks" = ""C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\cfgwiz.exe" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A} /MODE CfgWiz" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"ctfmon.exe" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [MS]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"PRONoMgr.exe" = "C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe" ["Intel® Corporation"]
"ATIPTA" = "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe" ["ATI Technologies, Inc."]
"CTHelper" = "CTHELPER.EXE" ["Creative Technology Ltd"]
"UpdReg" = "C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE" ["Creative Technology Ltd."]
"Jet Detection" = "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe" [empty string]
"GWMDMMSG" = "GWMDMMSG.exe" ["GTW"]
"GWMDMpi" = "C:\WINDOWS\GWMDMpi.exe" [null data]
"Microsoft Works Update Detection" = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe" ["Microsoft® Corporation"]
"AdaptecDirectCD" = "C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe" ["Roxio"]
"ccApp" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"Symantec NetDriver Monitor" = "C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"IntelliPoint" = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"" [MS]
"type32" = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"" [MS]
"ATICCC" = ""C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay" [null data]
"RegistryMechanic" = (empty string)
"SunJavaUpdateSched" = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
"THGuard" = ""C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.2\THGuard.exe"" ["Mischel Internet Security"]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}\(Default) = "AcroIEHlprObj Class" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated"]
{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll" ["Safer Networking Limited"]
{601ED020-FB6C-11D3-87D8-0050DA59922B}\(Default) = "Ipswitch.WsftpBrowserHelper"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\WS_FTP Home\wsbho2k0.dll" ["Ipswitch, Inc. 10 Maguire Road - Suite 220 Lexington, MA 02421"]
{761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}\(Default) = "SSVHelper Class" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
{AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7}\(Default) = "Google Toolbar Helper" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll" ["Google Inc."]
{BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872}\(Default) = "NAV Helper"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll" ["Symantec Corporation"]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\
"{88895560-9AA2-1069-930E-00AA0030EBC8}" = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\hticons.dll" ["Hilgraeve, Inc."]
"{1530F7EE-5128-43BD-9977-84A4B0FAD7DF}" = "PhotoToys"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\phototoys.dll" [MS]
"{5E44E225-A408-11CF-B581-008029601108}" = "Adaptec DirectCD Shell Extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\Adaptec\EASYCD~1\DirectCD\Shellex.dll" ["Roxio"]
"{e57ce731-33e8-4c51-8354-bb4de9d215d1}" = "Universal Plug and Play Devices"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\upnpui.dll" [MS]
"{0006F045-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" = "Microsoft Outlook Custom Icon Handler"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OLKFSTUB.DLL" [MS]
"{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}" = "Microsoft Office HTML Icon Handler"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\msohev.dll" [MS]
"{640167b4-59b0-47a6-b335-a6b3c0695aea}" = "Portable Media Devices"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Audiodev.dll" [MS]
"{cc86590a-b60a-48e6-996b-41d25ed39a1e}" = "Portable Media Devices Menu"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Audiodev.dll" [MS]
"{21569614-B795-46b1-85F4-E737A8DC09AD}" = "Shell Search Band"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll" [MS]
"{20082881-FC36-4E47-9A7A-644C95FF749F}" = "IntelliPoint Wireless Control Panel Property Page"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipcplwir.dll"" [MS]
"{AF90F543-6A3A-4C1B-8B16-ECEC073E69BE}" = "IntelliPoint Wheel Control Panel Property Page"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipcplwhl.dll"" [MS]
"{653DCCC2-13DB-45B2-A389-427885776CFE}" = "IntelliPoint Activities Control Panel Property Page"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipcplact.dll"" [MS]
"{124597D8-850A-41AE-849C-017A4FA99CA2}" = "IntelliPoint Buttons Control Panel Property Page"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipcplbtn.dll"" [MS]
"{97FA8AA2-EE77-4FF2-9449-424D8924EF21}" = "IntelliType Pro Zooming Control Panel Property Page"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itcplzm.dll"" [MS]
"{111D8120-25EB-4E1C-A4DF-C9EE5FCA35CB}" = "IntelliType Pro Scrolling Control Panel Property Page"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itcplwhl.dll"" [MS]
"{ED6E87C6-8A83-43aa-8208-8DBC8247F4D2}" = "IntelliType Pro Key Settings Control Panel Property Page"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itcplkey.dll"" [MS]
"{A2569D1F-4E06-43EC-9825-0088B471BE47}" = "IntelliType Pro Wireless Control Panel Property Page"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itcplwir.dll"" [MS]
"{5E2121EE-0300-11D4-8D3B-444553540000}" = "Catalyst Context Menu extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\atiacmxx.dll" [empty string]
"{EBDF1F20-C829-11D1-8233-FF20AF3E97A9}" = "TrojanHunter Menu Shell Extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\TROJAN~1.2\contmenu.dll" [null data]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\
INFECTION WARNING! "{9EF34FF2-3396-4527-9D27-04C8C1C67806}" = "Microsoft AntiSpyware Service Hook"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\shellextension.dll" [MS]
INFECTION WARNING! "{54D9498B-CF93-414F-8984-8CE7FDE0D391}" = "ewido shell guard"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\shellhook.dll" ["TODO: <Firmenname>"]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\
INFECTION WARNING! AtiExtEvent\DLLName = "Ati2evxx.dll" ["ATI Technologies Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
ewido\(Default) = "{57BD36D7-CE32-4600-9B1C-1A0C47EFC02E}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\context.dll" ["ewido networks"]
FileEncrypt\(Default) = "{90A07ACC-0331-4aee-9AAD-A854A9C37667}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Advanced System Optimizer\ShellExt.dll" ["Systweak Inc"]
Symantec.Norton.Antivirus.IEContextMenu\(Default) = "{5345A4D5-41EB-4A2F-9616-CE1D4F6C35B2}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll" ["Symantec Corporation"]
TrojanHunter\(Default) = "{EBDF1F20-C829-11D1-8233-FF20AF3E97A9}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\TROJAN~1.2\contmenu.dll" [null data]
WS_FTP\(Default) = "{797F3885-5429-11D4-8823-0050DA59922B}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\WS_FTP Home\wsftpsi.dll" ["Ipswitch, Inc. 10 Maguire Road - Suite 220 Lexington, MA 02421"]

HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
ewido\(Default) = "{57BD36D7-CE32-4600-9B1C-1A0C47EFC02E}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\context.dll" ["ewido networks"]
FileEncrypt\(Default) = "{90A07ACC-0331-4aee-9AAD-A854A9C37667}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Advanced System Optimizer\ShellExt.dll" ["Systweak Inc"]

HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
Symantec.Norton.Antivirus.IEContextMenu\(Default) = "{5345A4D5-41EB-4A2F-9616-CE1D4F6C35B2}"
WS_FTP\(Default) = "{797F3885-5429-11D4-8823-0050DA59922B}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\WS_FTP Home\wsftpsi.dll" ["Ipswitch, Inc. 10 Maguire Road - Suite 220 Lexington, MA 02421"]

Active Desktop and Wallpaper:
-----------------------------

Active Desktop is disabled at this entry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellState

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
"Wallpaper" = "C:\WINDOWS\WindowsXP4.bmp"

Enabled Screen Saver:
---------------------

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
"SCRNSAVE.EXE" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\scrnsave.scr" [MS]

Startup items in "John Marshall" & "All Users" startup folders:
---------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
"Microsoft Office" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE -b -l" [MS]

Enabled Scheduled Tasks:
------------------------

"Norton AntiVirus - Scan my computer - John Marshall" -> launches: "C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~3\Navw32.exe /task:"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Tasks\mycomp.sca"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"Norton SystemWorks One Button Checkup" -> launches: "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\OBC.exe /CUSTOM /SCHEDULE /AUTO" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"Symantec Drmc" -> launches: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SymDrmc.exe /CUSTOM /SCHEDULE" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"XoftSpy" -> launches: "C:\Program Files\XoftSpy\XoftSpy.exe -t" ["ParetoLogic Inc."]

Winsock2 Service Provider DLLs:
-------------------------------

Namespace Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
000000000001\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]
000000000002\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\winrnr.dll" [MS]
000000000003\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]

Transport Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
0000000000##\PackedCatalogItem (contains) DLL [Company Name], (at) ## range:
%SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll [MS], 01 - 03, 06 - 15
%SystemRoot%\system32\rsvpsp.dll [MS], 04 - 05

Toolbars, Explorer Bars, Extensions:
------------------------------------

Toolbars

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\
"{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6}" = "Norton AntiVirus" [from CLSID]

"{2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}" = "&Google" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll" ["Google Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\
"{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6}" = "Norton AntiVirus"

"{2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}" = "&Google" [from CLSID]

Explorer Bars

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\
{9455301C-CF6B-11D3-A266-00C04F689C50}\ = "Encarta &Researcher" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Researcher\EROPROJ.DLL" [MS]

Extensions (Tools menu items, main toolbar menu buttons)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\
{08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501}\
"MenuText" = "Sun Java Console"
"CLSIDExtension" = "{CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0006-ABCDEFFEDCBC}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]

{9455301C-CF6B-11D3-A266-00C04F689C50}\
"ButtonText" = "Researcher"

{B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C}\

{CD67F990-D8E9-11D2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE}\

{FB5F1910-F110-11D2-BB9E-00C04F795683}\
"ButtonText" = "Messenger"
"MenuText" = "Windows Messenger"
"Exec" = "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [MS]

Running Services (Display Name, Service Name, Path {Service DLL}):
------------------------------------------------------------------

Ati HotKey Poller, Ati HotKey Poller, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe" ["ATI Technologies Inc."]
Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler, Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler, ""C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
ewido security suite control, ewido security suite control, "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe" ["ewido networks"]
ewido security suite guard, ewido security suite guard, "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe" ["ewido networks"]
HTTP SSL, HTTPFilter, "C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter" {"C:\WINDOWS\System32\w3ssl.dll" [MS]}
Machine Debug Manager, MDM, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe"" [MS]
Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service, navapsvc, ""C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service, NPFMntor, "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Norton Unerase Protection, NProtectService, "C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE" ["Symantec Corporation"]
PrismXL, PrismXL, "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lanovation\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS" ["Lanovation"]
Speed Disk service, Speed Disk service, "C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec Core LC, Symantec Core LC, "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec Event Manager, ccEvtMgr, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec Network Drivers Service, SNDSrvc, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec Settings Manager, ccSetMgr, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec SPBBCSvc, SPBBCSvc, "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Windows User Mode Driver Framework, UMWdf, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe" [MS]

----------
+ This report excludes default entries except where indicated.
+ To see *everywhere* the script checks and *everything* it finds,
launch it from a command prompt or a shortcut with the -all parameter.
+ The search for DESKTOP.INI DLL launch points on all local fixed drives
took 79 seconds.
+ The search for all Registry CLSIDs containing dormant Explorer Bars
took 12 seconds.
---------- (total run time: 143 seconds)

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I don't see anything, but we can run a few more things.

What version of xoftspy do you run? Is it 4.0 or higher?

Download and Save Blacklight to your desktop:

Double-click blbeta.exe then accept the agreement, leave [X]scan through Windows Explorer checked, click > scan then > next

You'll see a list of all items found. There will also be a log on your desktop with the name fsbl.xxxxxxx.log (the xxxxxxx stand for numbers).

Copy and paste this log in your next reply. Don't choose the rename option yet! I want to see the log first, because legitimate items can also be present there, such as "wbemtest.exe"

You may want to print out these instructions for reference, since you will have to restart your computer during the fix.

Please download AproposFix from here:
http://swandog46.gee.../aproposfix.exe

Save it to your desktop but do NOT run it yet.

Then please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

Once in Safe Mode, please double-click aproposfix.exe and unzip it to the desktop. Open the aproposfix folder on your desktop and run RunThis.bat. Follow the prompts.

When the tool is finished, please reboot back into normal mode, and post a new HijackThis log, along with the entire contents of the log.txt file in the aproposfix folder.

Download WindPFind

Extract WinPFind.zip to your c:\ folder.

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode

Then open c:\WinPFind and double-click on WinPFind.exe.
When the program is open, click on the Start Scan button to start scanning your computer. Be patient as this scan may take a while.
When it is done, it will show a log and tell you the scan is completed. Reboot your computer back to normal mode and and post the contents of c:\WinPFind\WinPFind.txt as a reply to this topic.

JCM-Utah

JCM-Utah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I just printed this thread and it ran to 17 pages. Before I append all the stuff requested allow me a big of a comment.
First of all, I consider myself a reasonably sophisticated user. I have never had a problem that I could not solve, until now. This problem is, I think, unique. Yesterday I poked about on the NET and found that I am, indeed, not the only one that has been hit with this problem. I also should note that I found no posted solution. Basically, I have a computer that functions without problems when the multi-threading flag in the BIOS is NOT enabled.
At this point, I am of the opinion that I have a mis-coded driver somewhere that freezes the system when multi-threading is enabled. That thing that is confounding me is that no log kept on the machine gives me a clue as to what is at fault.
Alternately, I have a hardware problem but no check I have run reveals it; memory problems come first to mind.
In any case, the most interesting thing I found on the NET is:

http://softwareforum...&message.id=812

As I read this post, and associated replies, INTEL simply told this fellow that what was happening was not happening.
Now, to the response to your most recent post:
(1) I run XSOFT spy 4.2X with automated updating. I am well satisfied with that program. It is set to run every night and usually turns up 2-5 intems that appear to be harmless; my god why don't those people quit?
(2) Following find the three (3) requested LOG files.
01/08/06 10:33:16 [Info]: BlackLight Engine 1.0.30 initialized
01/08/06 10:33:16 [Info]: OS: 5.1 build 2600 (Service Pack 2)
01/08/06 10:33:16 [Note]: 7019 4
01/08/06 10:33:16 [Note]: 7005 0
01/08/06 10:33:27 [Note]: 7006 0
01/08/06 10:33:27 [Note]: 7011 148
01/08/06 10:33:27 [Note]: FSRAW library version 1.7.1014
01/08/06 10:34:01 [Note]: 7007 0
------
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:51:28 AM, on 1/8/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lanovation\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\GWMDMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Downloads\Hijack\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.stolaf.edu/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.stolaf.edu/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Ipswitch.WsftpBrowserHelper - {601ED020-FB6C-11D3-87D8-0050DA59922B} - C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\WS_FTP Home\wsbho2k0.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PRONoMgr.exe] C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Jet Detection] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMMSG] GWMDMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMpi] C:\WINDOWS\GWMDMpi.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [type32] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.2\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Norton SystemWorks] "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\cfgwiz.exe" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A} /MODE CfgWiz
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open Picture in &Microsoft PhotoDraw - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office\1033\phdintl.dll/phdContext.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Researcher - {9455301C-CF6B-11D3-A266-00C04F689C50} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Researcher\EROPROJ.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .UVR: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPUPano.dll
O16 - DPF: {01010E00-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft SmartIssue) - http://www.symantec....trl/tgctlsi.cab
O16 - DPF: {01012101-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft Script Runner Class) - http://www.symantec....trl/tgctlsr.cab
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://support.gatew...r/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - https://www-secure.s...rl/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {38F5F92F-BD40-40DF-A569-6C1FCB638190} (InSPECS3_0 Control) - http://www.powerleap.../InSPECS3_0.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupd...b?1109874050961
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1128360413421
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.s...rl/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {E8F628B5-259A-4734-97EE-BA914D7BE941} (Driver Agent ActiveX Control) - http://driveragent.c...driveragent.cab
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: PrismXL - Lanovation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lanovation\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

-----
WARNING: not all files found by this scanner are bad. Consult with a knowledgable person before proceeding.

If you see a message in the titlebar saying "Not responding..." you can ignore it. Windows somethimes displays this message due to the high volume of disk I/O. As long as the hard disk light is flashing, the program is still working properly.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Windows OS and Versions »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
Product Name: Microsoft Windows XP Current Build: Service Pack 2 Current Build Number: 2600
Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2900.2180

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Checking Selected Standard Folders »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Checking %SystemDrive% folder...

Checking %ProgramFilesDir% folder...

Checking %WinDir% folder...

Checking %System% folder...
PEC2 9/3/2002 6:00:00 AM 41397 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dfrg.msc
PTech 8/29/2005 12:27:12 PM 520968 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LegitCheckControl.DLL
PECompact2 12/8/2005 5:20:26 PM 2714976 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MRT.exe
aspack 12/8/2005 5:20:26 PM 2714976 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MRT.exe
aspack 8/4/2004 12:56:36 AM 708096 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Umonitor 8/4/2004 12:56:44 AM 657920 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\rasdlg.dll
winsync 9/3/2002 6:00:00 AM 1309184 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wbdbase.deu

Checking %System%\Drivers folder and sub-folders...
PTech 8/3/2004 10:41:38 PM 1309184 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\mtlstrm.sys

Items found in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\etc\hosts

Checking the Windows folder and sub-folders for system and hidden files within the last 60 days...
1/8/2006 11:07:00 AM S 2048 C:\WINDOWS\bootstat.dat
1/2/2006 1:51:12 PM H 54156 C:\WINDOWS\QTFont.qfn
11/30/2005 9:17:10 PM S 21633 C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\KB905915.cat
12/1/2005 5:12:48 PM S 10925 C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\KB910437.cat
1/2/2006 4:09:36 PM S 11223 C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\KB912919.cat
12/18/2005 11:01:22 PM S 94346 C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\oem16.CAT
1/8/2006 11:06:52 AM H 8192 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG
1/8/2006 11:07:12 AM H 1024 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG
1/8/2006 11:07:02 AM H 12288 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG
1/8/2006 11:07:14 AM H 57344 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG
1/8/2006 11:07:06 AM H 1060864 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG
12/16/2005 3:01:40 AM H 1024 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\ntuser.dat.LOG
12/18/2005 12:06:54 PM S 1047 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content\7C8A03C4580C6B04FDF34357F3474EDC
12/18/2005 12:06:54 PM S 1370 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content\B82262A5D5DA4DDACE9EDA7F787D0DEB
12/18/2005 12:06:54 PM S 126 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData\7C8A03C4580C6B04FDF34357F3474EDC
12/18/2005 12:06:54 PM S 194 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData\B82262A5D5DA4DDACE9EDA7F787D0DEB
12/16/2005 6:27:52 AM HS 388 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Microsoft\Protect\S-1-5-18\User\3b98e5fb-be9f-401b-89e5-dd7335101279
12/16/2005 6:27:52 AM HS 24 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Microsoft\Protect\S-1-5-18\User\Preferred
1/8/2006 11:05:46 AM H 6 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\SA.DAT

Checking for CPL files...
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 68608 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\access.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 549888 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\appwiz.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 110592 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bthprops.cpl
7/29/2004 12:56:00 PM 221184 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\cttune.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 135168 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\desk.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 80384 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\firewall.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 155136 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hdwwiz.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 358400 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\inetcpl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 129536 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\intl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 380416 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\irprops.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 68608 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\joy.cpl
Sun Microsystems, Inc. 11/10/2005 1:03:50 PM 49265 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\jpicpl32.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 9/3/2002 6:00:00 AM 187904 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\main.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 618496 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\mmsys.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 9/3/2002 6:00:00 AM 35840 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ncpa.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 25600 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\netsetup.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 257024 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nusrmgr.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 32768 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\odbccp32.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 114688 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\powercfg.cpl
Intel® Corporation 10/23/2002 10:06:36 AM 77824 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PRApplet.cpl
Apple Computer, Inc. 9/23/2004 5:57:40 PM 323072 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\QuickTime.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 298496 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sysdm.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 9/3/2002 6:00:00 AM 28160 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\telephon.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 94208 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\timedate.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 148480 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wscui.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 5/26/2005 3:16:30 AM 174360 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wuaucpl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 68608 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\access.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 549888 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\appwiz.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 110592 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\bthprops.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 135168 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\desk.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 80384 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\firewall.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 155136 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\hdwwiz.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 358400 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\inetcpl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 129536 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\intl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 380416 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\irprops.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 68608 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\joy.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 9/3/2002 6:00:00 AM 187904 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\main.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 618496 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\mmsys.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 9/3/2002 6:00:00 AM 35840 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\ncpa.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 25600 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\netsetup.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 257024 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\nusrmgr.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 32768 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\odbccp32.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 114688 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\powercfg.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 155648 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\sapi.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 298496 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\sysdm.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 9/3/2002 6:00:00 AM 28160 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\telephon.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 94208 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\timedate.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 12:56:58 AM 148480 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\wscui.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 5/26/2005 3:16:30 AM 174360 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\wuaucpl.cpl

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Checking Selected Startup Folders »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Checking files in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Startup folder...
3/3/2005 11:39:46 AM HS 84 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini
10/4/2005 9:57:26 AM 1775 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Microsoft Office.lnk

Checking files in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data folder...
3/3/2005 4:33:16 AM HS 62 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\desktop.ini
7/4/2005 2:56:48 PM 13 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DirectCDUserNameE.txt
8/18/2005 5:38:04 PM 13 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DirectCDUserNameF.txt

Checking files in %USERPROFILE%\Startup folder...
3/3/2005 11:39:46 AM HS 84 C:\Documents and Settings\John Marshall\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini

Checking files in %USERPROFILE%\Application Data folder...
6/16/2005 8:38:02 AM 9330 C:\Documents and Settings\John Marshall\Application Data\Comma Separated Values (Windows).EML
3/3/2005 4:33:16 AM HS 62 C:\Documents and Settings\John Marshall\Application Data\desktop.ini
10/10/2005 3:30:34 PM 90664 C:\Documents and Settings\John Marshall\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Checking Selected Registry Keys »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
SV1 =

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved]
=

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ewido
{57BD36D7-CE32-4600-9B1C-1A0C47EFC02E} = C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\context.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\FileEncrypt
{90A07ACC-0331-4aee-9AAD-A854A9C37667} = C:\Program Files\Advanced System Optimizer\ShellExt.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Offline Files
{750fdf0e-2a26-11d1-a3ea-080036587f03} = %SystemRoot%\System32\cscui.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Open With
{09799AFB-AD67-11d1-ABCD-00C04FC30936} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Open With EncryptionMenu
{A470F8CF-A1E8-4f65-8335-227475AA5C46} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Symantec.Norton.Antivirus.IEContextMenu
{5345A4D5-41EB-4A2F-9616-CE1D4F6C35B2} = C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\TrojanHunter
{EBDF1F20-C829-11D1-8233-FF20AF3E97A9} = C:\PROGRA~1\TROJAN~1.2\contmenu.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\WS_FTP
{797F3885-5429-11D4-8823-0050DA59922B} = C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\WS_FTP Home\wsftpsi.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c8}
Start Menu Pin = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Symantec.Norton.Antivirus.IEContextMenu
{5345A4D5-41EB-4A2F-9616-CE1D4F6C35B2} = C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\TrojanHunter
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\WS_FTP
{797F3885-5429-11D4-8823-0050DA59922B} = C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\WS_FTP Home\wsftpsi.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\EncryptionMenu
{A470F8CF-A1E8-4f65-8335-227475AA5C46} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ewido
{57BD36D7-CE32-4600-9B1C-1A0C47EFC02E} = C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\context.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\FileEncrypt
{90A07ACC-0331-4aee-9AAD-A854A9C37667} = C:\Program Files\Advanced System Optimizer\ShellExt.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Offline Files
{750fdf0e-2a26-11d1-a3ea-080036587f03} = %SystemRoot%\System32\cscui.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Sharing
{f81e9010-6ea4-11ce-a7ff-00aa003ca9f6} = ntshrui.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\TrojanHunter

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{0D2E74C4-3C34-11d2-A27E-00C04FC30871}
= %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{24F14F01-7B1C-11d1-838f-0000F80461CF}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{24F14F02-7B1C-11d1-838f-0000F80461CF}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{66742402-F9B9-11D1-A202-0000F81FEDEE}

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects]
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}
AcroIEHlprObj Class = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}
= C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{601ED020-FB6C-11D3-87D8-0050DA59922B}
WsftpBrowserHelper Class = C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\WS_FTP Home\wsbho2k0.dll
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}
SSVHelper Class = C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7}
Google Toolbar Helper = c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872}
CNavExtBho Class = C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{4D5C8C25-D075-11d0-B416-00C04FB90376}
&Tip of the Day = %SystemRoot%\System32\shdocvw.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{9455301C-CF6B-11D3-A266-00C04F689C50}
Encarta &Researcher = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Researcher\EROPROJ.DLL

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ToolBar]
{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} = Norton AntiVirus : C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
{2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} = &Google : c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501}
MenuText = Sun Java Console : C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{9455301C-CF6B-11D3-A266-00C04F689C50}
ButtonText = Researcher :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C}
MenuText = :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE}
MenuText = :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683}
ButtonText = Messenger : C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{30D02401-6A81-11D0-8274-00C04FD5AE38}
Search Band = %SystemRoot%\System32\browseui.dll
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{32683183-48a0-441b-a342-7c2a440a9478}
=
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{EFA24E61-B078-11D0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E}
Favorites Band = %SystemRoot%\System32\shdocvw.dll

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser
{01E04581-4EEE-11D0-BFE9-00AA005B4383} = &Address : %SystemRoot%\System32\browseui.dll
{0E5CBF21-D15F-11D0-8301-00AA005B4383} = &Links : %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} = Norton AntiVirus : C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
{2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} = &Google : c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
PRONoMgr.exe C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe
ATIPTA C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
CTHelper CTHELPER.EXE
UpdReg C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
Jet Detection C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe
GWMDMMSG GWMDMMSG.exe
GWMDMpi C:\WINDOWS\GWMDMpi.exe
Microsoft Works Update Detection C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
AdaptecDirectCD C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
ccApp "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
Symantec NetDriver Monitor C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
IntelliPoint "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
type32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"
ATICCC "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay
RegistryMechanic
SunJavaUpdateSched C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
THGuard "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.2\THGuard.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]
IMAIL Installed = 1
MAPI Installed = 1
MSFS Installed = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
Norton SystemWorks "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\cfgwiz.exe" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A} /MODE CfgWiz
ctfmon.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\load]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\run]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\services
mnmsrvc 3

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\state
system.ini 0
win.ini 0
bootini 0
services 2
startup 0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\NonEnum
{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F} = C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\WEBFOL~1\MSONSEXT.DLL
{6DFD7C5C-2451-11d3-A299-00C04F8EF6AF} =
{0DF44EAA-FF21-4412-828E-260A8728E7F1} =

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Ratings

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system
dontdisplaylastusername 0
legalnoticecaption
legalnoticetext
shutdownwithoutlogon 1
undockwithoutlogon 1

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\ActiveDesktop

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer
NoDriveTypeAutoRun 145

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\System

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Uninstall

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad]
PostBootReminder {7849596a-48ea-486e-8937-a2a3009f31a9} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
CDBurn {fbeb8a05-beee-4442-804e-409d6c4515e9} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
WebCheck {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} = %SystemRoot%\System32\webcheck.dll
SysTray {35CEC8A3-2BE6-11D2-8773-92E220524153} = C:\WINDOWS\System32\stobject.dll
UPnPMonitor {e57ce738-33e8-4c51-8354-bb4de9d215d1} = C:\WINDOWS\system32\upnpui.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
Shell = Explorer.exe
System =

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\AtiExtEvent
= Ati2evxx.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\crypt32chain
= crypt32.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cryptnet
= cryptnet.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cscdll
= cscdll.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\ScCertProp
= wlnotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\Schedule
= wlnotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\sclgntfy
= sclgntfy.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\SensLogn
= WlNotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\termsrv
= wlnotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\wlballoon
= wlnotify.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\Your Image File Name Here without a path
Debugger = ntsd -d

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
AppInit_DLLs

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Scan Complete »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
WinPFind v1.4.1 - Log file written to "WinPFind.Txt" in the WinPFind folder.
Scan completed on 1/8/2006 11:14:30 AM