Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NAV "Could not access scan engine"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Jay Rover

Jay Rover

• Pip
  • 1 posts
We are running an old Corporate version of Norton AV (4.1.0.6) which is no longer supported by Norton so they are no help. We are able to DL the latest update but when we try to scan, we get a message "Norton Antivirus could not access scan engine" with a follow-on to make sure it is properly installed. This occured about 6 months ago and I was able to DL a patch from a reputable site that, after running it, cured the problem. For the life of me, I can't remember the DL that fixed it but it was a quick fix once I located it. Anyway, our Norton icon in the tray has a big ! on it and won't run a scan nor does it appear can we enable file system realtime protection. Can anyone point me at a not-too-techy fix as I am somewhat computer impaired. Thanks. Jay

Advertisements

Chachazz

Chachazz

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
If the version you are running is no longer supported - it appears you need to purchase a new licence for a current verison. Best to contact Symantec Support about your problem.

If you are asking for a non-vendor 'patch', non-Symantec, then that is illegal.

Moving to 'Applications'forum and closing thread.