Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! IE opens itself randomly

• Please log in to reply

mrbo18

mrbo18

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've recently developed a problem with my Internet Explorer where it will start itself at random. Sometimes it will only open one window and constantly refresh it. Other times it will pop up several windows (i've had it go up to 46 windows at once). Needless to say this is a big pain. I've tried running adaware as well as my virus scan but nothing has been able to fix the problem. If anyone can help me with this please let me know.

Another piece of information that might be helpful... This problem started shortly after i got my new computer. It got so bad i decided to reformat, figuring that i hadn't really gotten the computer set up just the way i liked it yet anyway, so i wouldn't be losing much. But the problem returned. I'm on a network with two other guys. My room-mates computer is ok i think, but the second guy has had a lot of trouble with virus's in the past. He really doesn't know how to protect his computer at all, and i don't have the time to do it for him often. So could his computer be infecting mine? And if so, why is he not receiving the same crazy IE activity? Once again anything that anyone could tell me would be greatly appreciated.

-mrbo18

Advertisements