Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2002 - Duplicate Calendar Holiday entries

• Please log in to reply

johnbfdma

johnbfdma

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
For a long time, I have been getting two occurrances of holidays in the Outlook 2002 Calendar. For example I would see an entry for "Memorial Day" and "Memorial Day (United States)" It has been annoying, but I didn't do anything about it, except to delete one of the duplicates

I have now browsed ahead to Memorial Day 2006 and see that there are 4 occurrances, two of each of the above variety, one from 12 am - 1am and the other from 1am to 12am.

I found an article in the Microsoft knowledge base that mentioned that (1) Outlook would not do holidays after 2005 and that thay had posted a fix. I didn't download/install anything (unless windows update did it for me).

Any idea what is going on and how I can get back to only one occurance of each holiday showing as an all day event.

By the way, I frequently have an archive pst file attached. could the two attached files be (part of) the problem?

Advertisements

johnbfdma

johnbfdma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
In case anyone else has the problem, I found out how to get rid of the duplicate entries

http://www.slipstick...olidaydupes.htm

In the process, I found out that duplicate sets were created in 1997 (while I was using an older version of outlook. A third set (which I kept) was created last fall, probably when I got the holiday update.