Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Checkers during play

• Please log in to reply

SJSCHOO

SJSCHOO

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Hey I run a LAN gaming center out of phoenix and one of our pcs has an interesting problem, During gameplay a checkered purple and black material will be in the game, now in cs:s thats normal it just means that u've downloaded a new map and you dont have the proper materials needed (i.e. brick wall isnt already downloaded it will just show u a wall with purple and black checkerboard) but now the problem went to Battlefield 2, and some of the maps have a trasparent purple black checkerboard. Whats causing this and how do I fix it, we are running kn8 ultras 1gig of ram and radeon x700 video cards

Advertisements

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
i had that problem all i did was shut off the pc and turn it back on and it fixed it. If not that it could be your video card got messed up somehow. maybe overheating?