Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Battlefield 2 update for Win2k

• Please log in to reply

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hey guys,

Im having this problem with installing the battlefield 2 update, every time I go to install it, but when it starts to patch it comes up with an error saying "patch error".

Anyone know how I can fix it? :tazz:

Thanks

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello bobbobagan!

First thing make sure that you have at least 2.5GB of free space because the patch needs a load extra space to decompress during the install process.

It could be that the patch is corrupt, so i'd try downloading it again.

Have you installed any mods or anything like that?

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hey ZEUS_GB,

I have 21.2GB of harddive space left on my f: drive so... that cant be the problem... haha but I had downloaded the patch from another computer and it said when I put it onto the CD that there were extra files attached to the file that could be lost, but i mannaged to copy it onto another computer. Anyway werid... :tazz: so what ill do is ill just go download it and ill tell you what happeneds... I wonder if its my [bleep] opperatting system... time to upgrade to winXP or Vista :)

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Well there ya go... after 2 and a half hours of downloading it...

DIDNT WORK :tazz: lol

And I have no mods or anything like that coz ive only just installed the game... mabye the game HAS to be on my C drive... ill tell ya what... ill install my special forces expansion and then ill try patch it again and see if that works.

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
ok well there you go, i dont think bf2 was made for any other OS apart from XP... I think I need to upgrade but thanks for your help :tazz: