Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bad Pool Caller

• Please log in to reply

krome

krome

• Pip
  • 9 posts
i am getting the blue screen and it says Bad_Pool_Caller. I can't get into windows, not even in safe mode. it just goes to the blue screen and says

Technical Information:
***STOPl 0x000000c2 (0x00000043,0xCEA61000,0x00000000,0x00000000)

It dumps the physical memory and reboots but just goes right back to the blue screen and does it all over again.

Apparently its a bad installation of hardware/software. So the last thing I installed was Quicktime which i downloaded from the site. After that the last thing i did was defragment the computer, so i dont know if by defragmenting i messed some of the files.

I tried going through Dos and removing Quicktime, but i couldnt figure out how to do it, if its at all possible. If there is someway to remove a program through Dos maybe that would work? i dont know.

I tried repair installing Windows from the cd, but it didnt see it.

So if anyone could figure this out, that would be great. Thanks!

I'm using a Compaq Presario, Windows XP.

Advertisements

Salmonboy

Salmonboy

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I get the same thing but it seems to be wehn i go on call of duty uo.
My computer blue screens whilst playing the game and i get error messages like

BAD_POOL_CALLER

STOP:0X000000C2
(0X00000050, 0XE1026000, 0XA000000)

Please help me i don't know what to do and really need any help available.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://support.micro...b/314492/EN-US/ could you follow the steps here to get the kernal dump for us?

Salmonboy

Salmonboy

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
im guessin its this one because it has the x50 in it but there are only 3 paramaters i think

Cannot free a non-allocated paged pool address.• Parameter 1 = 0x50 : Attempt to free a non-allocated paged pool address
• Parameter 2 = Starting address
• Parameter 3 = Start the offset in the pages from the beginning of the paged pool
• Parameter 4 = Size in bytes of the paged pool

Salmonboy

Salmonboy

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
is that a kernal dump?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
salmonboy....can you start your own thraed for me...since you CAN get into windows and krome can't...there's gonna be different instructions for both of you

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
krome...can i get an update on your situation...are you still unable to log into windows in any form (safe mode. LKG confing, etc..)

bpc0043

bpc0043

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the same 0043 bad pool caller that happened while defragmenting my hard drive - I have run chkdsk /r and it has not fixed the problem. Windows XP will boot up, and at the point it says "loading personal settings" the bsod appears with 0x000000C2 (0x00000043, ...) - the windows website simply says error 43 is rare, but does not say what causes it. After seeing your post of a 43 error and mentioned it happened during defragmenation, I am guessing I have the same problem - did you ever get this fixed?