Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HOTMAIL PROBLEMS

• Please log in to reply

TAMMYC68

TAMMYC68

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: WHEN I ENTER MY PASSWORD AND AM LET INTO HOTMAIL IT JUMPS BACK OUT TO A SEARCH PAGE THAT READS ABOUT BLANK. THIS ALSO HAPPENS TO SOME OTHER SITES I TRY TO GET INTO. HAVE TRIED TO RESET MY HOME PAGE BUT ABOUT BLANK KEEPS POPPING UP. HELP

Advertisements

supanova

supanova

• Pip
  • 1 posts
You have a nasty virus my friend. I have had this virus About:blank

Soon all of your web browser windows will do this amongst other nasty spyware activity. None of my antivirus software deteced it. The only way I got rid of it was to figure out the day the virus got into your system and if you have XP do a system restore to the day before that or if you don't have XP then you need to delete all files CREATED, not saved or used but CREATED that day. You may lose some things if you CREATED any files that day but for me it was the only way to get rid of it. You can do a search in a search engine about this virus and find other peoples ideas of purging it but for me this is all that worked. Best of luck to you.

Cranky

Cranky

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Try posting your problem here. (Malware Removal-Hijackthis logs go here).
Sounds like you have been hijacked. But go here FIRST (You must read this before posting a Hijackthis log). :tazz:

bLuE_oMeGa

bLuE_oMeGa

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Simply install the tool spysweeper. That tool is very capable of fixing your problem. Don't wory about a reďnstall just yet ^^