Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sound Problems

• Please log in to reply

Selle

Selle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

You know where the Kagy Korner Store is?

Yes I know where that is.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Well alrighty then...why don't you pack up that machine (just the tower) and any software you want reinstalled and we'll make arrangements to meet up tomorrow at some point. If school starts on Wednesday, we don't have a lot of time to get that thing fired up. I'll PM you with my phone number.

What a corker! It really is a small world.

wannabe1

gen244drdr

gen244drdr

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
It's about time I bowed out then. I'd wish you's luck but this isn't about luck :tazz:

Its been my pleasure to try to help you.

Cya round on the forums (I'm in Australia so I wont see you anywhere else any time soon!)

Ady

Selle

Selle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

It's about time I bowed out then. I'd wish you's luck but this isn't about luck

Its been my pleasure to try to help you.

Cya round on the forums (I'm in Australia so I wont see you anywhere else any time soon!)

Ady

Thanks Ady for the help! Hopefully we can get this fixed! Australia, I would love to goto Australia :tazz:

Thanks again Ady!
Selle

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
This issue was resolved...unfortunately, the onboard sound device had been "terminally disabled" by a bit of creative wiring to play the computer through a sound system... :tazz: The motherboard will be replaced by Dell.

The failed Repair installation was fixed with a reinstallation and it's running like new.

wannabe1

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Update from Selle: (from PM)

I thought I would send you an update. I called Dell back and after some work I was able to get them to send me a new motherboard. They wanted me to try even more tests before they would send out the new part. But finally I convinced them to just send the part. Yesterday it came and a guy from Helena installed it. The good news is I now have sound back :tazz: everything things seems to be running like before. Thanks again for all your help!

Thanks for the update! Glad things are back as they should be... :)

wannabe1