Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PC self-reboots after driver install

• Please log in to reply

paulie10

paulie10

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys, in need of you help!

Ok now i bought a second hand Leadtek Winfast A180 64mb 8x AGP graphics card second hand for $15 bucks, it works! Although I'm having troubles, display is fine, but when i install the drivers it reboots and then after the boot screen flashes away the screen dies and just has no signal.

Will i have to read up on the IRQ in the bios. Board is a GA-8S648FXM-775 cpu is p4 3.0 using 512mb ram.
I then restart and beeps the code of video display.

I try to update the bios of the card but WFFLASH.exe tells me its the wrong .rom file.

Please help me!

Is this a common problem? Any help is more than welcome! Thanks! Cheers

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
sounds like a corrupt driver or wrong driver. could also be the card is defective. Also try a different monitor if possible. some cards don't like certain monitors...

paulie10

paulie10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have tried several versions of drivers? Could it be a setting in my bios?

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
possibly... does that board have on-board video or did you take out a previous video card? Either way did you uninstall the drivers for the old video before putting in the new video? IF not try uninstalling the driver for the new card.... put in the old card and reinstall it. then uninstall it before putting the new one in again.

IF you can't get it to boot at all I'd say it's probably the video card... ( you may have found out why it was only $15 )

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

If you can still boot into windows, try drivercleaner and remove any drivers relating to video, then reboot and install the latest drivers for the card.

Rick