Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hosting Halo (need help)

• Please log in to reply

oops

oops

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I love HALO! but lately am getting realy frustrated with it. i am so desperate as I cant find any solution to my problem. When i host halo (not a dedicated server) some how my server doesnt appear on the internet list which is strange. How do i know? I asked my friends to join my server they said they couldnt find me as they are the 1st 1's to join. I even gave them my IP address still didnt work (unable to join). This is not the 1st time am hosting however this is the 1st time am having such problems. I tried everything i possibly could. I tried changing my ports in Halo (network settings) still nothing happened (2302, 2303, 2307, 5667 etc). I have a router that is connected by cable (DSL). I believe my router doesnt have a built in firewall protection because i usually host. I am using Windos XP. My windows firewall is truned off as well as dont allow exceptions (in firewall (general)). Halo (port) is added in Exceptions (programs & services (firewall)). I think am having problems with firewall Confused. Dont know if its set up the way it should be in order to host halo. I would appreciate if some1 helps me and THANK U for viewing my topic.

Advertisements