Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem uploading with Kodak Easy Share software

• Please log in to reply

wilzn2

wilzn2

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I cannot upload my digital photos using Kodak Easy Share, and Kodak customer support is no help. I was able to upload when I first tried about a month ago, but I cannot upload my latest photos.

I have tried uploading using the "Express Upload" button from my computer to their website. My computer goes through the motions of trying to upload it 3 times, and then I get an error message that says "An error has occurred."

I have also tried uploading through Kodak Easy Share Gallery website. They suggest using their Easy Upload tool, but I cannot get that to work most of the time. Their website says that if this Easy Upload doesn't work, it may have to do with my security settings, but I have checked and double-checked and they are all set correctly to work.

I have also tried the "Upload Photos one at a Time" section. I get all of the way to the point where I choose my individuals photos, but when I select "Continue" to upload them, I get a "javascript: void (0);" error and nothing happens.

Again, I was able to use the software when I first got it. I have tried re-inserting the software CD and using the repair tool. That did not help at all.

I have also done as recommended by Kodak and turned off the block pop-ups and block ad features of my Norton Internet Security.

Also, when I start up my computer, I always have a "Dial-Up Connection" dialog box appear on the screen, and it appears to be automatically generated by Kodak. I do not remember this appearing before my trouble started. Could there have been a glitch in an update or something?

Please help.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you set up an account here then see if you can upload

https://secure2.imag.../join/join.html

This is to check if it is the PC or the Kodak software causing this

wilzn2

wilzn2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Keith,

Thanks. Yes, I was able to upload to this website fine. So the problem must be with the software, then?

Any other suggestions to fixing it, or should I just give up and use another digital photo storage website like this one, rather than trying to fix the Kodak software?

I thought about uninstalling the Easy Share software and then re-installing it, but was afraid that might mess up my albums already stored on my computer.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It will depend on the save to folder

You can create a new folder in My Pictures, open the folder which has the Kodak pictures, click edit, select all, copy the selected items, then browse to locate the folder you created and click copy. Check you now have a folder with duplicates, if so, it won't matter if you uninstall the Kodak software then re-install it

wilzn2

wilzn2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Keith,

Thanks for the information. It turns out that the Kodak Software was not compatible with my Norton Internet Security software, so once I turned that off completely, I was able to upload.

Problem resolved. Thanks. :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You will need a firewall while you are uploading, also if you click norton , firewall configuration, scan for permitted programmes, you could change Kodak to permit all to see if you can upload with it and the firewall running

If not, download Zone Alarm Free here,

http://www.filehippo...zonealarm_free/

Remove the tick from start when windows starts in preferences, then when you want to upload with Kodak, turn ZA on and then NIS off, upload and then reboot which will load NIS without ZA loading as well

wilzn2

wilzn2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Keith,

Thanks. I downloaded Zone Alarm and that works fine and I am able to upload with that on and Norton off.

Resolved.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know