Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

media players problem

• Please log in to reply

Maelspike

Maelspike

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I recently installed this mixing program (acoustica) on my computer because I needed it to pull a joke on someone. Since then, however, my media players won't work. Windows Media Player always gives me the error message that the computer has insuficcient memory, and that I should close some other programs before trying again - which, naturally, doesn't help s***. Media Player Classic constantly gives me the message "failed to create filter graph object."
Can anybody help me? I HAVE to be able to watch anime again :tazz: and my parents are blaming me now :)

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
uninstall the acoustica softwre and see if that helps.

Maelspike

Maelspike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
First thing I did, didn't help anything.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
you could try download the divx codec's you need and reinstall them.

Maelspike

Maelspike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I've just tried it, but the first codec pack gave me an error message just before finishing the install and then shut down (though all the stuff that it was supposed to install was there, the folders in the start menu), so I downloaded another codec pack and it did the same. I also tried reinstalling a codec pack I installed half a year or so ago, k-lite codec oack containing among others Media Player Classic and BSplayer, but that gave me an error message too just before the installation was complete, though it's still been installed and Media Player Classic opens no problem, but it still won't play any files.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Sounds like a directplay issue

Download the latest driver for your videocard, but do not install

Download Driver cleaner
http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Download Directx again

http://www.microsoft...&DisplayLang=en

Now, in add rmeove control panel, delete any drivers then reboot into safe mode (f8 at startup)

Run driver cleaner

Reboot into normal mode

Cancel any found new hardware wizard

install driver manually through setup routine provided by driver maker

install directx 9c

PM me if that does not work as I do not frequent this forum as often as I used to and might miss it.

Maelspike

Maelspike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I'm not sure what videocard we have, how exactly do I check that again?

Maelspike

Maelspike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Y'ello?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and install Everest Home Edition

Run the programme, click + next to computer then summary

Look on right for display / video adapter

Look at the manufacturer’s site for the suitable drivers for your Operating System

If you are unable to find them, please post the make and model here before you download anything

Please set a system restore point before you install anything