Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Converting from mpeg2/avi to mpeg4

• Please log in to reply

bada55

bada55

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I have tried using Nero recode to decode video files to Mpeg4 but the phone will not play them. I dont seem to be able to alter fps and res in Nero from what I can see so I assume thats the problem is it because Nero has its own unique format?

My phone is a Motorola E1000 and needs to run on 25fps I think.

Ps.....I hope someone out there can point me in the direction of some free software (like DVD Shrink) to do the job....I've spent enough on software recently :tazz:

Edited by bada55, 04 January 2006 - 09:59 AM.

Advertisements

bada55

bada55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Well I cannot believe there has been no replies????

The latest so far I purchased X-oom's Movies on Mobile and I thought my problems were history but NO!!
I cannot get the software to convert the files :tazz: The software gives me a warning saying that I have tried to convert some Divx files so would I please install the Divx codec and it leads you to the Divx site. So I download it and then what? Install it where? I tried installing it to the Movies of Mobile programme files but there a few folders to send it to and I have tried a couple with no success....any ideas???

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

For the Divx codec, I would let the installer install the files to their default location. It should then register the Divx video codec so Windows can see it as a valid encoder codec. It may require a reboot after installation. Do you know what video format your phone requires (audio/video codec, bitrate, ...) and we may be able to point you towards an appropriate tool.

Cheers,
Tom

Well I cannot believe there has been no replies????

The latest so far I purchased X-oom's Movies on Mobile and I thought my problems were history but NO!!
I cannot get the software to convert the files :tazz: The software gives me a warning saying that I have tried to convert some Divx files so would I please install the Divx codec and it leads you to the Divx site. So I download it and then what? Install it where? I tried installing it to the Movies of Mobile programme files but there a few folders to send it to and I have tried a couple with no success....any ideas???