Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird graphics

• Please log in to reply

selrath

selrath

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
hello ;p

recently my computer crashed for some reason.. hal.dll got damaged.. so i reinstalled windows..
and i found that on the games i play World of Warcraft / final fantasy xi online
the graphic were really strange.
I been trying to re installing the computer once.
Updating drivers...
Updating GART too.
i got directx 9.0c
i use Nvidia GeForce 6600 , 128 mb.

when i run Dxdiag. and try Test Direct3d.
i allways see the cube on 7.
on 8 9 tho.. i only see like half of the cube sometimes..
sometime i see normal.. sometimes i dont O_o
:tazz: Im really pissed kinda because.
i had problem with one of theese games.. so i tryed to solve the problem for 5 days..and now
i notice that its not the game that is wrong.. soon my school begins... :)
i added some screenshots if you wanna know how exactly it looks.. might help!
http://i27.photobuck...rath/bugged.jpg
http://i27.photobuck...elrath/anem.jpg
http://photobucket.c...current=ddd.jpg
http://photobucket.c...current=ooo.jpg
http://photobucket.c...urrent=Drag.jpg

Sorry if this is wrong forum to post on :) i dont really know if its software,hardware,or maybe just windows related... O_o

Edited by selrath, 04 January 2006 - 11:00 AM.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi selrath

Is your video card integrated into the motherboard or is it an add-on card?

The reason I ask, is that is sounds like a memory related issue to me. If it is an add-on card, then this would suggest the problem may be with the video ram, as opposed to shared system ram.
The only other possibility (and this is a long shot) is that it may be over heating. Have you checked the system temperatures at all?

selrath

selrath

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hi selrath

Is your video card integrated into the motherboard or is it an add-on card?

The reason I ask, is that is sounds like a memory related issue to me. If it is an add-on card, then this would suggest the problem may be with the video ram, as opposed to shared system ram.
The only other possibility (and this is a long shot) is that it may be over heating. Have you checked the system temperatures at all?

the video card im using is NOT the one i got when i bought the computer..
but i know it must work. because before the First re install of windows the graphic worked just fine!

How do i check the system temperature or if the card is over heated?

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
everest home edition will check the temps, or asus pc probe. Have you tried another card in there? cleaned out your slots on ur mobo? checked the connections? and DO you have enough Power to run the card? what kind of PSU to you have?

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
The card might be overheating like stated beforeor its messed up did u try overclocking it?

selrath

selrath

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
no i never tryed overclocking it.

""""everest home edition will check the temps, or asus pc probe. Have you tried another card in there? cleaned out your slots on ur mobo? checked the connections? and DO you have enough Power to run the card? what kind of PSU to you have""""

No i didnt try another card, i dont have any, i threw the other one.
Cleaned your slots on ur mobo ? 1, what slots.. ? 2.. what is a Mobo?
Enough power? i think so... i been able to run the card perfectly before.
PSU ? sorry, but i dont know xD i dunno what it is.

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
sry about the technical crap.... mobo is ur motherboard the slot is your AGP/PCI e slot where you plug your graphics card in. You can unplug it and use compressed air to clean out the slot if there's any dirt inside. PSU is your power supply unit the big box on the top of your case. If you have put any new parts in your computer recently and your PSU doesn't have enough power than it will have trouble running the gfx card. do you have another computer or access to one? you can plug your card into that computer and see if there are any problems.

selrath

selrath

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
nope =/ i dont got any other computer :tazz: