Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost XP Pro CD

• Please log in to reply

Tools

Tools

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Just found this site,looks like a good one,I have a problem, I have Windows XP Pro installed( for at least 4 years),now I cant find my CD,I still have the 25 digit code for it but no CD,Is there any possable way I can download my XP Pro off off this computer onto a new CD or do I have to purchase a new XP Pro program.

Advertisements

MadGamer

MadGamer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Just found this site,looks like a good one,I have a problem, I have Windows XP Pro installed( for at least 4 years),now I cant find my CD,I still have the 25 digit code for it but no CD,Is there any possable way I can download my XP Pro off off this computer onto a new CD or do I have to purchase a new XP Pro program.

You can use this tool Slipstream a copy of XP, that way if you have all present updates and Service Packs, you wont need to download and re install them.

http://www.reatogo.d...to-Streamer.htm

Tools

Tools

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

You can use this tool Slipstream a copy of XP, that way if you have all present updates and Service Packs, you wont need to download and re install them.

http://www.reatogo.d...to-Streamer.htm

I looked at it but cant figure it out, I do have all updates and service packs.It asks for myXP setup cd and thats what i dont have.

Edited by Tools, 06 January 2006 - 08:44 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you need to replace files you can borrow a same version as was originally installed XP CD

If you need to repair then you can do the same but need to enter your product key

Tools

Tools

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

If you need to replace files you can borrow a same version as was originally installed XP CD

If you need to repair then you can do the same but need to enter your product key

You mean that if i know someone with a XP Pro CD that I could run on my puter and pick out what i want to install like the fax program which im missing,could I also burn a copy of his XP CD and use it in my puter with my product key which i have.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can use the other CD to get the fax files, which will only work with dial up

You can contact Microsoft for a replacement CD

You will probably be better to use a back up programme to make an image of your drive