Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VGA BOX

• Please log in to reply

carloverx

carloverx

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I bought a "ComboTV box" to alow me to play videogames and watch cable tv through a PC monitor. This is what i bought: http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

The problem is that i can only make the picture show up on my monitor by pluging the monitor directly into the device, and not by connecting the drvice into the s video port of my computer (You can see the cable in the ad that allows you to plug in the device to your s video port). The second problem is that after i get this all figured out, i need to make it work on my dell laptop. I tried messing with the setting under control planel>display> settingings> advanced> displays, but i can't get any picture from the s video port. I would love to be able to have my desktop along with an extra window that i could open to display what ever is coming into the s video port, but i would settle for just not needing to plug in and out the monitor from the device everytime
i want to use it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Oh and is it possible that the s video cable that came with the device is the wrong pin setup or somthing?

Thanks again - Joe

Advertisements

carloverx

carloverx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I bought a "ComboTV box" to alow me to play videogames and watch cable tv through a PC monitor. This is what i bought: http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

The problem is that i can only make the picture show up on my monitor by pluging the monitor directly into the device, and not by connecting the drvice into the s video port of my computer (You can see the cable in the ad that allows you to plug in the device to your s video port). The second problem is that after i get this all figured out, i need to make it work on my dell laptop. I tried messing with the setting under control planel>display> settingings> advanced> displays, but i can't get any picture from the s video port. I would love to be able to have my desktop along with an extra window that i could open to display what ever is coming into the s video port, but i would settle for just not needing to plug in and out the monitor from the device everytime
i want to use it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Oh and is it possible that the s video cable that came with the device is the wrong pin setup or somthing?

Thanks again - Joe

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Put all your specs from the computer and a working link to the tv adapter. It may be that the gfx card doesnt support dual output older ones can only output to one of its ports at a time.

Also have you tried reading the manual and checking the manufacturers site for information, sounds stupid thing to say but alot of people panic and come straight to us, the people who hear problems with your hardware all the time are the guys that made it and they often have an FAQ section or a forum where most problems are answered.

Edited by warriorscot, 04 January 2006 - 12:21 PM.

carloverx

carloverx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Thanks again - Joe

carloverx

carloverx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Thanks again - Joe

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
your link is dead since the auction ended.

carloverx

carloverx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Thanks again - Joe

carloverx

carloverx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Thanks again - Joe

*do you think a Male/Male vag cable connecting the device to the laptop would work?

Edited by carloverx, 04 January 2006 - 12:35 PM.

carloverx

carloverx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Thanks again - Joe

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i just tried to go to the gadmei website to see if i could get a manual...or at least a better understanding...and..well...it's all japanese..and the english page isn't working

Advertisements

carloverx

carloverx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Thanks again - Joe

carloverx

carloverx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

both laptop and pc are running on new 128mb ati graphics cards.

Also i reposted this question many times not knowing i was doing so. Any info on how 2 delete them would be very helpful :tazz:

thanks - Joe

carloverx

carloverx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I have an english manuel but it only gives you the physical installation and other basic things. (i read it multiple times)

http://cgi.ebay.com/...Combo-TV-3488e-
box-VGA-Sris-store-1000-channels_W0QQitemZ8746700592QQcategory
Z3761QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this link should work.

Also, I foolishly posted this question many times and need to know how to get rid of the extra posts 

Thanks - Joe

Edited by carloverx, 04 January 2006 - 12:53 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i've taken care of getting rid of the extra posts...let me research the device

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts