Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error message after start up

• Please log in to reply

noobtech

noobtech

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
my desktop took a beating from virus's and now its almost back to 100 percent only thing now is that when i start it up i get an error message saying webpage unavailable when offline. I took everything off of the start up and i played around with the services and found out is is one of them i just dont know which one except that it is a microsoft one. All i want is for the error message goes away.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi noobtech!

When you say you've played around with the services, did you start disabled and stopping them? If so, which ones? Also, when you disabled everything in the STARTUP tab in msconfig (I am figuring that is where you went to disable them), did the error stop popping up or was it only after you started 'playing around with the services.'?

Fenor