Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what isGLFEGLFE.EXE

• Please log in to reply

sunspeks

sunspeks

• Pip
  • 7 posts
My pc is hanging and the only thing i can find using massive cpu time is GLFEGLFE.EXE
Any body know what this is please?
p4 2.8, 120gb h/d, win xp

Thanks a lot

Mark

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Appears to be randomly named malware. Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

sunspeks

sunspeks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Not malware, i am prettt sure of that, i use spybot and adaware SE as well as norton security 2005, i can only find it in my prefetxg folder, i have deleted it and will try and duplicate what i was doing when i first appreared. I will post back here if i get any sort of result.
Thanks a million for your time.
Mark

sunspeks

sunspeks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I meant prefetch folder, not whatever prefetxg means.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Be sure you're able to see system and hidden folders, then search your system for this file. If found, submit it here: http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus