Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wierd router problems

• Please log in to reply

hookbone

hookbone

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, really sorry to bother everyone here with my first post, especially on a hackney old wireless problem. However, this one has me stumped, I've usually been able to tinker about with the Belkin and get it working fine but i have no idea what's happened here.

Firstly I'm getting all the lights when connected up, except the Data light (pwr, syn and wlan are all lit permanently green). I'm also getting my lan light on so it's all connected fine to the computer. I assumed when this was the case the server had just gone down and I'd have to wait a few days for it come back. However when I connected my old modem it worked fine. So I reconnected the belkin, all lights action and tried to look at the 192.168.2.1 thing in my browser but that times out. I tried from 192.168.2.1 to 192.168.2.5 in case i had changed it at anytime (i think I had) but none of them worked.
my ipconfig thing was

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.5
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

C:\Documents and Settings\Kenneth Robertson>

Am I typing in the right IP to get into the configure router screen? Is it possible the belkin is just bust? it can't be the password or username as it conked out totally unexpectedly while I was online.

thanks in advance.

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello hookbone and welcome to G2G,

I am available in the Live Forum if you still need help. Just click the Live Chat link in the upper Right side of your screen and ask for spacecowboy. If you require just forum help then post back here.

hookbone

hookbone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks very much. I'd be grateful of any help that is on offer right now. I'm stumped and it means the laptop my brother uses is useless right now.

hookbone

hookbone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi, spacecowboy, waited in the chat for half an hour and you were still gone. Sorry I couldn't stay longer to thank you more personally (it's 2am here though :S) anyway, resetting worked fine. I had to mess about with the lan settings a bit but eventually it all started coming together and I'm now back online with the Belkin.

you were great help. thanks again.