Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

World of Warcraft choppiness

• Please log in to reply

mastershake3261

mastershake3261

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
the game gets VERY choppy when i go into heavily populated areas. just bought an ATI RADEON 9550 video card with 256 MB. I have an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ processor.Computer is HP pavillion 742n. I have 512 MB DDR SDRAM memory.
Can anyone help me make the game run smoother? sometimes it goes so slow that it will freeze for a few minutes.any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

mastershake3261

mastershake3261

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I did try to turn down the settings and that helped a little.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Can u list your full system specs? That way I might see the problem

Football Geek

Football Geek

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi!

As a lvl 53 mage, I symphathize with your problem. Especially on Perenolde, the third most populated realm.
If you can upgrade your RAM at all, it helps. I have had choppiness in IF with 1gb DDR SDRAM. I have
the same video card. Otherwise, check the latency. I hope that you have broadband...

Artagnan

Caljif

Caljif

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
take down all the video specs usually solves all the choppiness and lag problems....if you cant solve it and you cant afford to upgrade your computer at the present i would suggest to move your characters to a less populated realm before the migration charges set in