Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express boots off

• Please log in to reply

mystified

mystified

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm new here so please forgive me if I put this in the wrong place. I had been using OE express until I gotr so frustrated that I switche dto yahoo. Every time I went to send an email I'd get disconnected from the net, the same thing happens if I click on a hyper link. Sometimes for no apparent reason, I lose connection. Can anyone explain what is going on ? Thanks in advance !

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Please tell us how you connect to the internet, and whether you have any trouble with ordinary web surfing- not email.

Johanna

mystified

mystified

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Johanna, I use dial-up and my browser is Mozilla. I don't have any trouble staying connected until I try to use my old Outlook email.
Thanks!

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
One quick setting to check, open OE, click on tools~~>options. Go to the connections tab, is it checked to hang up? If yes, uncheck it.

If that doesn't help, do your emails get sent out, or do they sit in the outbox?

mystified

mystified

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Boy do I feel STOOPID ! that fixed the problem. Now why didn'nt I thinnk of that?
Thanks for your help, now I' ll stop cursing OE.