Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't View .gifs

• Please log in to reply

thamasta

thamasta

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Latley whenever I try to view a .gif file online it will not work. There is not a problem with the loading of the file but the actual playing of it. It loads fine and I get a picture of the first frame but it will not actually play the gif. It does not matter which internet browser I am using as I have tried viewing gifs in Opera Browser, Firefox Browser, and Internet Explorer. I have checked the settings in each browser and have checked off allow gifs but to no avail. Thank you to whomever can help me with my problem.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi thamasta...

Open Internet Explorer, click on "Tools" and select "Internet Options". Under the "Advanced" tab, scroll down the list to the section "Multimedia". Make sure there is a check in the box next to "Play Animations in Web Pages"...if not, check it and "Apply" the change.

Reboot your machine and try to play an animated .gif.

wannabe1

thamasta

thamasta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Alright I tried what you said wannabe1 but it's already checked and it still won't work. Thanks for trying though.

thamasta

thamasta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Does anyone else have any idead and or suggestions?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Several firewall/spam programs prevent animated gifs from playing...

Zonelabs, for example

thamasta

thamasta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Do you know where in the settings of Zonealarm I could allow gifs?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
go to ZA's Privacy pane's Main tab and turn Ad Blocking to off.