Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Browsers [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

pet6164

pet6164

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Just A quick note to let all know that my problem has been solved.I also would like to say that It is a very good idea to install all the tools that has been suggested here by the Geeks To Go Administration.I have, and was surprised to find that even though I used some programs to keep my computer running at its best they still were not enough.Below is the solution that I used to correct my problem with Internet Explorer not opening up new windows.Keep up the great work guys!!!
Jestine

Check this out and see if it is relevant to the problem :

M$ Knowledge Base

Print this out if you can as it covers a lot about the problem. You may have to do nothing but re-register the required files. Let me know if this helps.

1) Is he able to "surf" the Internet and open pages okay? Just not open new instances of IE?
2) Able to click, say a link in e-mail, and have it open a window, but can not open any more windows, even by clicking on the IE Icon?

Check this out and see if it is relevant to the problem :

M$ Knowledge Base

Print this out if you can as it covers a lot about the problem. You may have to do nothing but re register the required files. Let me know if this helps.

Not replying in normal forum as I was hoping someone who knows how to read your log would come by to help you with it.

Ron

Hello Mr. Payne,

I just wanted to thank you SO very much.I did what you suggested about going to M$ Knowledge Base,and low and behold I ran the dll checks and the one that was missing was Msjava.dll so I went and got it and put it back into the system32 file and did a reboot and the pages now open as they should. Thank you again I really do appreciate all your help.
Now that my other half's comp is back to running great .Perhaps I can get help with mine.hahahahaha.

Thank you again!!!!
Jestine

Advertisements

Antartic-Boy

Antartic-Boy

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,120 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.