Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

advanced google search leading to delema

• Please log in to reply

fulkne12

fulkne12

• Pip
  • 1 posts
on a advanced google search specifically using the top search box search critera i typed in simply "florida used lawn mower forum" which returned countless thousands of search results i clicked show results in groups of 100. it allows me to search the first 100 then on the bottom of the page i select page 2 and i get a google bot saying my pc is infected with a virus that is either running a spy bot or has a virus thats emailing them ? but if that was the case i wouldnt have received access to the 1st page of search critera and i have ran alternative search words that allows me to freely brows any page can any 1n have any insight as to whats occuring is this a case of bot rabies?how do i defeat this cause i really wanna explore thoes pages.

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go.

Odds are you do have an infection which is actually causing pop-ups that say you are infected. However, do NOT click on any pop-ups that offer to "disinfect" you. These are false pop ups which will cause you to become seriously infected.

Follow all the directions found at the following address to disinfect your computer:

http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

If you still have problems after following the directions there, start a new topic in the Malware Forum so you can have a Malware Expert check out your computer. If you still have the problem after receiving a clean bill of health from the expert, return here and we can continue to troubleshoot your problem. Keep in mind, though, you aren't the only one asking for help. It is usually a 1-5 day wait for expert help in the malware forum.