Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How Do I remove AOL from my computer?

• Please log in to reply

Penny2

Penny2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: Hi Yall. I have tried and tried to remove AOL (aka the DEVIL) from my computer! It gives the message "looking for the latest version" but it never completes the search -- it will just sit with the hour glass for ever, until I click on the mouse or hit escape, and I get the "program not responding" message. So AOL never gets removed, and is STUCK on my computer forever!

Is there ANYWAY to get the demon spawn from my computer?? I have tried asking AOL, but they won't tell me either!!

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Hi welcome to Geeks to go,
yes i know that aol is known to be a *****,(its own file formats and invasive). go ahead i reboot into safe mode by tapping F8 on startup and selcting "safemode" from the list using the arrow keys and enter. once in there go to start>settings>contraol pannel>add/remove programs once in there remove all the aol files. after that go in to your c drive and make sure everything was delted reboot, only this time into noraml mode, that should take care of it if not just post again