Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Another Limited or No Connectivity

• Please log in to reply

Beautyindetail

Beautyindetail

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Today, I had Comcast Digital Cable and Highspeed Internet installed in my home.

The Cable(TV) works fine (if it didnt I would be asking my question here right? lol)

Well, My Router is a Scientific atlantic and it has the first and last light solid, and the second is blinking
1st light (PC) - Solid
2nd light (Cable)Blinking
3rd light (Data Send)No Light
4th light (Data Recive)No light
5th Light (Power) Solid

Okay,I thought that my be of use, but who knows, now I will move on to the problem

My Local Area Connection Status Icon in the corner has a Yellow triangle with the exclamation point
and read "Speed 10.0 MBPS
Limited or No Connectivity"

I can send packets, but Im not recieving them...

Any Suggestions?
Thank you for your time and help.

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hello Beautyindetail,

The 'Limited or no connectivity' message can be caused by a broad range of issues.

You could attempt to Powercycle your Router/modem.
Turn off all computers;
Turn off / unplug your modem;
Wait two minutes;
Turn on / plug in your modem;
Wait one minute;
Turn on your computer.

Does the message remain?

Please goto Start, Run, type CMD, press 'OK', then do the following:
1. Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

2. Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot and test.

If that fails, try WinsockFix

If you're still experiencing problems, then please do the following.

Goto Start, Run, type CMD, press 'OK' and then type: IPCONFIG /ALL - please post the results here by right-clicking on the Command Prompt window, selecting 'Select All', pressing Ctrl+C, and then posting on this forum.

Test your Network
1. Goto Start, Run, type: NETSH DIAG GUI - press 'OK'. A Command Prompt window will open temporarily; don't touch it, it will disappear in a moment.
2. A Microsoft Help and Support window will then open; select the option 'Scan your system'.
3. Wait for the scan to finish and then scroll down to the heading 'Modems and Network Adapters'. Look at 'Network Adapters' (don't expand it yet). Beside your connection information, you should see a green 'PASSED'; if you do not (if you see a red 'FAILED') then expand 'Network Adapters', scroll down the list until you see the heading with the 'FAILED', expand that option and copy and paste the results here.
In the NETSH DIAG GUI, you should be looking for any red 'FAILED', however the key one is Network Adapters for you. If you see any other red FAILED, expand the component and copy the results.

Goto Start, Run, type CMD and press 'OK' - now type: PATHPING YAHOO.COM - please copy and paste the results by right-clicking on the Command Prompt window, selecting 'Select All', and then pressing Ctrl+C. Please post the results here.

Thanks,
Dan.