Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cheap prices - Motherboard and processor

• Please log in to reply

Gabriel

Gabriel

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I'm looking to upgrade to 64bit and I have been researcching I have a £200 budget all I need is motherboard and processor, looking to get a -

Motherboard - MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum nForce3 Ultra (Socket 939) Motherboard

and also a

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939)

or

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939)

Edited by Gabriel, 05 January 2006 - 01:23 AM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Dont know about the neo2 but the neo4 nforce 4 boards run at 60-80 pounds depending on where you get them overclockers or ebuyer are the best bet, and the 3200+ venice runs from 110-120 again where you get it, so under 200 all right you just need to pick a place to get them.

Gabriel

Gabriel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Dont know about the neo2 but the neo4 nforce 4 boards run at 60-80 pounds depending on where you get them overclockers or ebuyer are the best bet, and the 3200+ venice runs from 110-120 again where you get it, so under 200 all right you just need to pick a place to get them.

Need VGA so can't get a Neo 4 as they are PCI Exp

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You mean AGP. that kind of a bummer then, AGP is pretty much as dead as a dodo. Upgrading thats going to be a nightmare youre going to have to replace the mobo to replace the gfx card in the future. neo 2s and neo 4s are the same price so the pricing doesnt change all the stuff you want is on overclockers.

Edited by warriorscot, 05 January 2006 - 02:35 PM.