Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows firewall *yes i did read the post below*

• Please log in to reply

computernewb

computernewb

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I cannot turn on the firewall for win xp... i did read this post and followed what you told this person

http://www.geekstogo...all-t89670.html

I am still unable to activate my firewall. (I still have the red shield in my toolbar) I even went to the control panel, but the options are grey'd out and will not allow me to make ANY choices... any ideas on what I can do or maybe download a free firewall that maybe better than the one for xp?

Advertisements

hippichic100

hippichic100

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
hi,go to file hippo.com.there you will find a choice of free firewalls.i prefer to use zone alarm myself.hope this helps

computernewb

computernewb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I absolutly LOOOOOOOOOVE that firewall that you suggested :) :) :woot: :P :) :) :) The red "shield" of the microsoft fire wall is gone.. and replaced with the za icon ;D

great suggestion I am super happy THANK YOU :tazz: