Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

help getting 100 fps with new rig

• Please log in to reply

jr2000

jr2000

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok im new to this forum and need help i have a new comp with

amd 64 x2 4200+
7800gtx
2 gigs of ddr ram

and i cant get 100 fps in any game only 60fps even when i change my rates and fps max

Advertisements

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
what games and what fps measurer? on that rig you should be hitting 300 but have you uncapped the max fps? try using fraps and see if you get the same results. Also use 3Dmark05 or 03 and see if your score is below average for the specs that way you will know if it's a hard ware issue vs a game config issue.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Tottaly depends what settings you have it, no new game will get above 60 FPS with all the settings at highest on an nvidia card, also why do you want 100fps you cant see that high fps you cant see past 30 fps so i would leave it alone unless you have a problem.

All depends on the game though original CoD or something older like that should manage 100fps and beyond. Nothing new DX9 with high settings will manage that on a 7800GTX higher the settings slower it will run.

If it is on older games or on low settings then there will be a limiter in some of the cards software i would really leave it alone though fps doesnt matter as long as its above the limit of your eyes perception.

anoobrew

anoobrew

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
At this point ur dual core proccessor doesnt give u an advantage w/ games, my venice core 3500 does better, So of course u cant expect super frame rates, even if u had a FX-57 and a 7800 GTX 512 Sli. . . .But soon enough new games will be able to utilize dual core capabilities.............but by then the games will ba far more graphics intensive so u still wont be able to get a super frame rate, which doesnt even matter like warriorscott said it only matters what u can see. Thats y its pointless to get better than a X1800 Xl or 7800 GT

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well the CPU isnt slow enough to be a bottleneck and there are a few dual core compatible games allready. And the 3500 clock speed is the same as the 4200+ clock speed and the L2 cache is the same the only difference is a more advanced architecture and the second core which would depend on the game, The gfx card is the determining factor in that system though in terms of game performance as all the rest are up to scratch.