Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MOTHERBOARD BIOS

• Please log in to reply

ANDYSUDS

ANDYSUDS

• Pip
  • 7 posts
What are the recommended BIOS settings for my motherboard to give me the best experience and or near best performance that my machine will run ok at.i am quite new to all this,have just recently built my first machine but am not sure what alterations if any to make in the bios..cheers...andy

ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE SKT 939
ATHLON 64 3800+ VENICE
250gb MAXTOR DIAMONDMAX 10 SATA 16mb
1 GB CORSAIR TWIN MATCHED MEMORY
2X WINFAST 6600GT SLI GRAPHICS
NEC 3540A 16xDUAL LAYER DVD RW
PHILLIPS 8421 DVD RW
THERMALTAKE TWV 500W PURE POWER PSU
MICROSOFT WIRELESS KEYBOARD & MOUSE
WINDOWS XP PRO

Advertisements

neverborn

neverborn

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
sheesh! you got 1 gig of ram, you shouldn't have to worry over performance man! :tazz: anyways, you could try loading 'optimized defaults' in bios.

ANDYSUDS

ANDYSUDS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
PERFORMANCE SEEMS SUGGISH THATS WHAT MAKES ME ASK THE QUESTION REGARDING BIOS SETTINGS.ANY TWEAKS TO IMPROVE IT WOULD BE GREAT

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
IF your performace seems slow the first thing to check for is malware. Then check to make sure you are up to date on patches, etc. then check that drivers are all current. Also check your directx. double check the device manager and look for any yellow flags... check to see if you have alot of unneeded programs starting up in the background and finally do a chkdsk/defrag to check the drive out.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you describe the problem in more detail we will be able to get you more help, and i would set the optimised defsults in bios, if its still sluggish with that then the problem is more serious than a few settings i would imagaine.