Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer History Removal

• Please log in to reply

fliphop

fliphop

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Is there a way you can remove the history of sites from internet explorer manually? This is because even when I clear the history, and the temporary internet files, some websites are still in the history as if it was never touched. Please help.

Advertisements

neverborn

neverborn

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
in IE, click the History icon...in the tab that comes up all you need delete is the 'My Computer' folder on the 'Today' entry. do that and all accessed sites will be deleted, as well as all history of files you accessed on your pc. :tazz:

fliphop

fliphop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I tried that, but it still shows the sites. on the address bar.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
That has to do with Auto Complete. To remove the addresses, you have to start Internet Explorer, click on Tools, Internet Options, Content, and click on Auto Complete. Check what you want to remove (in your case it is web addresses) and then click Clear forms.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 05 January 2006 - 01:11 PM.