Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sorry but another Call of Duty 2 Q.

• Please log in to reply

Chojin

Chojin

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey all, you all seem to know what your on about, hope you dont mind helping me with me problem.
Well the thing is when playing call of duty 2 after around 20 minutes of play, black lines and shapes keep flashing up and major freezing, occasional my pc crashes saying the device driver of my graphics card got stuck in an infinite loop, and that it started and finished a physical dump. Ive got the latest driver for graphics card and the latest direct X, ive run dxdiag and all that. No problems. This happens no matter if the graphics settings are insanely high or as low as they can go, ive got a pentium 4, 3.0sgh processor and a nevidia geforce 6 card, so im pretty sure its not just low stats. Any ideas at all? Ive scored the net already, and i really dont know if i can be arsed to bring my pc back to the shop to check out if theres something wrong with the actual graphics card. Any way if you can help please doo

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Infinite loop oh dear!

Update your graphics card and motherboard chipset drivers.
Also try a BIOS update.

Chojin

Chojin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Cheers for the welcome and reply,
ive updated the graphics driver, ill try the mother board now, and update BIOS? i didnt even no you could!
You reckon it could be a prob with the actual hardware?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Manufacturers been working on the Infinite loop problem for a few years now. From my own research around the net there doesn't appear to be one single cause and it seems that is happens more on SIS and VIA chipsets.

Chojin

Chojin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hmm any advise on updating the board and BIOS?
This is the first pc ive got of my very own, and am just starting to figure out how these things work, its quite fun reallly, but i dont like to do to much in case i break it. this thinkg here is a whole wage packet

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
You can download the motherboard chipset drivers from the manufacturers site and the BIOS updates are available on the manufacturers website as well.

If your having trouble finding the drivers and BIOS update post your make and model.

Chojin

Chojin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

You can download the motherboard chipset drivers from the manufacturers site and the BIOS updates are available on the manufacturers website as well.

If your having trouble finding the drivers and BIOS update post your make and model.

Its a NEC Packard bell, chipsets a intel i915p, checked the intel site but couldnt find an exact match. Im abit wary of putting on wrong drivers since i did it with my rents ol pc and corrupted dos, whoops!

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Intel 915 series chipset drivers are here

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
I'll need to know the model of the PC, it should say on a sticker somewhere on the case.

Chojin

Chojin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
UTOW-SUN is that what im lookin for?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Go here and click on find my serial number for me.