Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Folders called WexTech and MDT6 in my program files.

• Please log in to reply

jems

jems

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hi there,

I hope I am posting this in the right place. :tazz:

I am doing a new year spring clean of my computer and have found a couple of folders in my programs files which I basically have no idea what they are. After searching the web I am left with a couple i can't find any information about so have come here to try and find answers.

The folders in questions are:

WexTech with a sub folder called Answerworks

MDT6 with subfolders acadm and desktop and a hardcopy.log file with nothing in it.

Any ideas what they are for?

Also - I run MSN 7.5 on my compuer but still seem to have a folder called messenger which I assume to be the windows inbuilt messenger servce - if I delete the messenger folder will it effect the running of msn? or should I be trying to remove the program somehow??

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go.

WexTech seems to belong to some kind of language program or text-to-speech program. If there is a program like that on your computer, you can get rid of it through Add/Remove programs. If you don't have a program like that, and this folder/sub-folder is empty/almost empty, you should be able to remove it safely.

MDT6 seems to belong to a CAD program (Computer Aided Drafting). If you use a program like that, but no longer want it, you can get rid of it through Add/Remove programs. If you don't have a program like that, and this folder/sub-folder is empty/almost empty, you should be able to remove it safely.

If you have any further problems or questions, just let me know. :tazz:

Edited by computerwiz12890, 05 January 2006 - 11:10 AM.

jems

jems

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
ah the CAD thing must be from my boyfriend - he had auto-cad installed a while back before he got his computer setup.

no idea what the wextech stuff would be on my laptop for though :tazz:

anyways, thanks for your help.

*goes off to rmeove them both*

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Alrighty.

Take care and happy computing. :tazz: