Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BenQ DW1640 CD burning issue

• Please log in to reply

ghall

ghall

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello and a Good New Year To all,
I have a BenQ DW1640 burner. I use it mainly for dvd burning but I convert some music to mp3 so I can take it to work and listen. Anyway, I burned my last cd about 2 wks. before Christmas, no problems. Today I wanted to do another, converted my files, put in a blank disc and get this error message
"D:\ is not accessable....Incorrect function". I am using Sony CD-R disc and tried several. I went and bought a small pack of Maxell and get the same error. The drive will play CD's and DVD's but will not recognize my blank media.
I have not done any upgrades or made any changes since my last burn. My f/w has not been upgraded (it is BSGB). Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Greg

Advertisements