Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Need to streamline startup services for one XP account

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I use a Dell 9300 for mobile recording under one login account and for everything else under another account. My music logon I try to keep fairly streamlined by using Startup Manager to keep only the needed processes for my soundcard and what not.

One thing that I can't seem to figure out is how to make my anti-virus, WLANKEEPER, O&O Defrag and NIC Configuration processes from loading, since they are located under the services.exe. Startup Manager doesn't give me access to manipulate these processes. I've tried going into my Services and attaching them to a specific logon, but that didn't seem to work. They wouldn't load at all for the logon that I needed them to run with. So my question is how to get processes that are located in services to load automatically for one logon and not for another. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Have you tried using msconfig to edit the services?