Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

idiotically formatted my 200GB hard drive.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

seedless

seedless

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Well I idiotically formatted my 200GB hard drive.

I donít want to tell you a story, just the point that I accidentally formatted it, but the good thing was I stopped it at the thirteen percent of the format and shut down the computer, so I think I can salvage the rest of the data.

I know I lost a lot of data.

But Iím going to use some programs to recover it.

The point of the matter is that I cannot get the 200GB hard drive to load With my 80 gig hard drive that has the windows XP operating system.

and the tools I need to recover the data.

every time I try to load the 200GB hard drive with the 80 gig with the os.

I get an error ďcannot load operating systemĒ

the 80 gig will load by itself but as I said now with the 200 gig

I tried setting the jumpers to master and slave also cable select and I even tried setting the 80 gig on the primary IDE cable And the 200 gig On the secondary IDE cable.

Butt I still Canít get it to load of with my 80 gig hard drive Which has the software I need to recover the data on my 200 gig Maxtor, without getting the error

ďcannot load operating systemĒ

I think when I formatted the hard drive it Installed windows drivers and files that are conflicting with my 80 gig hard drives loading process.

It is there any programs bootable devices That I can use To force The 200 gig hard drive to load with the 80 gig which has the recovery programs and the os.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Closed: Duplicate Thread

Murray