Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

If u help me, ill love u forever :) (Problem with viruses + internet c

• Please log in to reply

adammo

adammo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello everyone and thank you for takin the time to read this... lol
Okay about.. a week ago on my main pc (im on a laptop now since hte internets not working on my main pc) In the task bar, it said VIRUS ALERT!! and i pretty much paid no attention to it, and i tried cleaning it, etc but i just couldnt clean it. So i prety much just didnt care, then abvout a week after that, my computer was in like super slug mode, and i couldnt run any antiviruses or even go on the internet. Whenever i try goin gon the internet, it says Limited or no connection.
I have a d-link wireless router, and i called them up and its not a prob with the router, since i am on my laptop right now :tazz: any help is much needed- i cant clean the main pc, since i have no access to internet, and it is windows xp- ty

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
p.s.--you download the programs listed atop the forum to a pc, burn them to a cd, and install them

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Hi and welcome to Geekstogo

Can you connect to the internet directly through the cable/dsl line without the router? If so, follow the directions in my signature.

If you can't, download hijackthis and transfer the files/logs back and forth with a flash drive or something.

adammo

adammo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yea thats another problem for me, even when i directly connect to the router it still says "limited or no connection" for wireless + directly connected. I also tried downloading certain programs and putting them on cds- then loadin them on the pc and it said it was read-only files... :) hijack this on my main pc pretty much brings me 1 result which is the aim toolbar or w/e so i dont think that helps... :tazz: and everytime i load adaware it crashes midway, so i cant clean it with that either-