Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

tried 3 different programs, nothing.....

• Please log in to reply

fat50

fat50

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Gang,
Newbie here! I have got some serious spyware issues going on. I was hoping to get some advice.
I know #$%^& about computers so please be easy on me, I'm a car guy and the computer part of EFI systems scare me!! I'll stick with my Holley carbs..
I have tried Adaware SE, Spy Fighter (<--which Windows suggested), and Spybot to catch this bug.
All three tell me everything is fine with my computer.
I will try to be specific decscribing the symptoms.....
1. A thin dropdown grey banner that scrolls "your computer is infected"
2. A yellow triangle that will not quit telling me i'm infected.
3. Wordpad and paint open whenever they feels like it.
4. My Home page is about:blank (was google)
5. In add/remove programs there's one call "home search assistant" that will not uninstall (uninstall launches
the browser and takes me to a web site asking me why i want to uninstall?

Any help would be very much appreciated,
Chris
Fat50 on the car forums

Advertisements

fat50

fat50

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
back to the top for the dayshift, please

EDIT: How do i format my C drive? I have a "Dell Windows" disc that tells me i have a newer version of Windows running (because of updates?) I opened MS-DOS and typed "format" it spit back "unknown command" I just want to scrub this freaking machine and start over..... Gone over in the corner to cry..............

Edited by fat50, 06 January 2006 - 06:15 AM.