Newbie here! I have got some serious spyware issues going on. I was hoping to get some advice.
I know #$%^& about computers so please be easy on me, I'm a car guy and the computer part of EFI systems scare me!! I'll stick with my Holley carbs..
I have tried Adaware SE, Spy Fighter (<--which Windows suggested), and Spybot to catch this bug.
All three tell me everything is fine with my computer.
I will try to be specific decscribing the symptoms.....
1. A thin dropdown grey banner that scrolls "your computer is infected"
2. A yellow triangle that will not quit telling me i'm infected.
3. Wordpad and paint open whenever they feels like it.
4. My Home page is about:blank (was google)
5. In add/remove programs there's one call "home search assistant" that will not uninstall (uninstall launches
the browser and takes me to a web site asking me why i want to uninstall?
Any help would be very much appreciated,
Fat50 on the car forums