Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My XP got screwed up Help FAST

• Please log in to reply

Jimit87

Jimit87

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok when ever i turn on or restart my computer some applications starts up by it self. i did the msconfig thing.

I will now post a list of applications that i see in my task manager.

wdfmgr.exe --- Local service
svchost.exe --- local service
alg.exe --- local service

svchost.exe --- system (3 svchost shows on my task mana under system index, this one is the one with lowest mem usage.)
WRSSSDK.exe --- system
spoolsv.exe --- system
NhKsrv.exe --- system
nvsvc32.exe --- system
wuauclt.exe --- system

I use nVidia driver for my gfx card.
Kaspersky antivirus
Webroot spy sweeper

i have to close them everytime i restart my comp or turn on my comp. sometimes when i open an application, spoolsv and svchost (system) pops up even after closing it.

is there anyway to terminate them once and for all so i won't have to close them everytime my comp starts up?

I would really like someone to help me with this ASAP.

Thank You.

Edited by Jimit87, 05 January 2006 - 11:41 PM.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Do you mean that those processes are "hanging" when you try to shut down? Does the computer shut down properly and completely?

Johanna

Jimit87

Jimit87

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
yeah no problem with computer shutting down nor its hanging. its just that its annoying me cuz everytime i turn on computer these processes starts up and some of them restarts by it self after opening an application (spoo, svchost in system category).

How to stop them from starting up forever. (don't suggest msconfig cuz i did that b4).

Help me fast.

Thank You.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
These are ordinary system processes, and most need to be running, or are expected to be running- for example wuauclt.exe is Windows Update. Google them.

Johanna

Jimit87

Jimit87

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
ahh so its imposssible to turn them off. i see well thanks for your help.