Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Floppy drive problem

• Please log in to reply

bejo147

bejo147

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having a problem with my floppy drive the icon has disappeared + i can not access drive A at all now,this has never happened before plus the floppy has always worked perfect,until i was using a U Lead photo explorer 8.0 SE, also i have been using this for nearly a year without a problem to the floppy.
While uploading some photes a box came up i clicked on it as usual & finished my photo session then when i was looking in my computer i found that my floppy drive icon had gone, i know its a mixup somewhere with the drive letter but even when i checked my device manager & checked the floppy driver it says everything was working properly & enabled tryed uninstalling it restalling it no joy still no floppy A drive access.
I am working on Win XP Home, with a AMD ATHLON 2.4 GIG processer 80 gig h/d, DDR 768 MB, DVD/RW,CD/ROM, Floppy & my Mainboard VIA KM 400/A Chipset scoket A Mainboard, MS8188E Series :tazz: .

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Moving since this thread has absolutely nothing to do with comments or suggestions about the site.

ScHwErV :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried physically unplugging the drive...starting the machine...turning it off..plugging it back in?

bejo147

bejo147

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

have you tried physically unplugging the drive...starting the machine...turning it off..plugging it back in?