Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Window Media Player 10

• Please log in to reply

Sandpiper

Sandpiper

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I get error code COO11AB when I try to burn a cd using WMP10. I have researched Microsoft's help site and followed their instructions for this error code (cleaned cd's, selected slower burn speed, tried a different brand of disc , quit other programs) but it doesn't solve the problem. But, I cannot burn a data cd either, even using the operating system. I have lots of pictures and downloaded music that I want to back up on cd but am unable to do so. I don't even know if this is a problem with the CD-R drive or the media player. I have Windows XP, SP2 and the latest version of Windows Media Player 10. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you try with this

http://www.cdburnerx...screenshots.php

Sandpiper

Sandpiper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Keith, Before I got your reply, I tried Musicmatch and was able to burn a music cd using that. However, I still can't burn my pictures or data cd's. Do you think I should still try your suggestion? Thanks for your reply. Any ideas would be helpful.

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi,, i had this problem when i first downloaded media player 10,,,,
The fix ?????
Uninstall the media player 10,,,,, download it again.

Its hard to believe,,, but media player is a buggy bit of software, and from time to time needs to be reinstalled. In a proccess of elimination type investigation as to the cause of the problem,,
reinstalling has got to be your first choice.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you can burn with other programmes then it points to it being MP 10 or if you installed music match after MP 10 then it could have changed the default settings

See what you can burn with CD burner XP Pro, you can always uninstall it afterwards

Sandpiper

Sandpiper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Keith, Thank you for your response. I was able to drag & Drop some photo files into MusicMatch and burn them to a cd that way. Didn't know I could do that as I thought MusisMatch would just burn music cd's. But I think I'll take your advise and check out the CD Burner XP Pro. Thanks so much for the help.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know

Sandpiper

Sandpiper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
RXKEVCO, I could not uninstall Media Player 10, but I did roll back to WMP 9 and then downloaded WMP 10 again, but it still didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though.