Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with first build

• Please log in to reply

thefullmonte

thefullmonte

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello,
I recently installed a pc chips m960g Mobo with a celeron d 2.66 chip. I have retail fan, heatsink and paste on chip. I also purchased a 300w power supply from comp usa and installed that to the case, which is a comp usa atx mid tower model 922002720. Here is the problem,
I wired the board with the power supply, as well as wired the case to the board. I am not receiving any power through the power supply. I used a multimeter to see if any current is traveling through on any leads and there is nothing? i attempt to turn on the machine, and get nothing, no leds, no beeps, no juice period. I am shamefully confused, please advise. Thank you, the new new guy :tazz:

Advertisements

thefullmonte

thefullmonte

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i also have installed one ddr 3200 512mb 400 ram as well, if this is a help. thank you.

dmohnen

dmohnen

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Check here...
http://www.highpower...com/support.htm

See if this helps

thefullmonte

thefullmonte

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok, i read the site you sent me, thank you by the way, and it apears that i may have incorrectly wired the case. I have reveiwed another persons problem titled "Can anyone help me please" in the same section and it apears this would be a common problem. I have a board with these requirements:

BOARD

pin signal pin signal
1 HD LED P+ 2 FP PWR/SLP+
3 HD LED N- 4 FP PWR/SLP-
5 RESET SW N- 6 POWER SW P+
7 RESET SW P+ 8 POWER SW N-
9 RSVD DNU 10 KEY

AND THESE ARE MY CASE CABLES

HDD LED >RED
WHITE
-P LED WHITE
+P LED GREEN
RESET SW >BLUE
WHITE
POWER SW >BLUE
WHITE

>= ARROW ON CABLE END.

the link you sent before also suggested that i cange the power selection on the board. i looked at the instrucions and only see a power selection for CMOS or USB port related? Is there something i am not seeing here?

Once again i thank you for the help.

thefullmonte

thefullmonte

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i am still stumped, please advise me how to wire this case up. :tazz:

dmohnen

dmohnen

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Is there a toggle switch on the back of the Power supply fir 110 and 240??? Make sure it is set to 110 if you are in the US.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Remove the psu from the computer, plug the psu into the wall, on the 20pin connector short the green and any black wirer this should turn the psu on, if it does check the yellow wirer with your multimeter it should read 12v but can be plus or minus 5% and still be within spec.

Then check the orange 3.3v
then red 5v

Please keep in mind that these are noload voltage readings and these readings only mean the psu is good but may not be enough for your system.

Rick

thefullmonte

thefullmonte

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I checked the PSU and I got all the right readings. BUT... I decided to take the face off the case of to trace the routes of the wires, and discovered that two power wires are faulty. One wasn't even soldered correctly into the power switch, and the other is an open on the meter between leads. Grrrrrrr. I am so upset I didn't think to do so sooner. I will receive a new case tomorrow, and start this over. I will let you all know how I do with the new case. Thank you so much for helping me so far.